Audi S3 Key Fob replacement/spare cost

W14FEN

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking to buy an S3. I've found one I want but it only has one key fob/remote.

Does anyone know how much it is to buy a new key remote/fob from Audi? Can you get them from anywhere else?

And what is the process to get a new one? eg. do they cut a new key from the existing key?

Thanks Guys

Reactions: stamper
Thanks, You think it's dodgy buying it with only one key?
That never even occured to me!...it's from a trade bloke though with warranty so feel a bit safer than if it were private.

its probably going to cost you over 100 quid.
It makes me wonder how people manage to loose keys.
My S3 came with three keys. Two every day keys and a valet key (plastic thing).
Is the car a multi multi owner?
Nik.

W14FEN said:
Thanks, You think it's dodgy buying it with only one key?
That never even occured to me!...it's from a trade bloke though with warranty so feel a bit safer than if it were private.

yep, a facelift S3 should come with 2 remote flip keys, and an emergency plastic "wallet" key. Additionally, it should come with a plastic tag that when opened contains the 7 digit SKC needed for reprograming the dash cluster for new keys. You dont need the code yourself, and the dealers can get the code themselves anyway, but it's nice to know other people don't have it.

Reactions: Avus Sportback
check on ebay, you can get a keyfob with a blank blade for around £30, then all you need to do is get it cut and programmed. I think you can even program it yourself to work with central locking but not sure about the immoboliser.
save a bit of money via ebay

Thanks everyone, really helpful! Gotta love these forums

If i wanted to replace the casing of the key i use regularly would it just be a case of removing the key blade & transponder chip & putting them into a new key casing ?

Yes that's correct mate. Take the blade and chip out, and just putting it in the new housing. It's as simply as that!

how do you get them out seems pretty difficult i dont wanna break the chip

I paid £150 for a flip key and the plastic wallet key from Audi, both programmed.

all really want is the casing, unsure how to remove the blade or chip from my current key though.

I've got 4 keys for mine - 2 normal remote flip ones, a plastic wallet key and a classic kind of metal one - which I think is the valet key. Only opens the door and ignition, not the boot or glovebox.