1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 head gasket?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GNJ_Motorsport, Dec 11, 2011.

1. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

Has anybody had or heard of problems with water getting into the oil an a 2.0 TFSI Audi S3 engine? I have just been to check my oil and coolant levels etc and there was mayonnaise type cream on the back of the oil cap. Only a bit admittedly but very worrying. Anyone had any similar issues?

I wouldn't have thought the head gasket would be an issue on a car with 33k miles on the clock.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

if its just the cap then i wouldnt worry, its normal condensation that builds up over time. Its only a problem if you dip the oil & its in the oil.

4. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

It's quite normal for this to appearing engines if only being used for short journeys, as condensation doesn't disperse.

5. crunchie

crunchie Active Member

You get a bit, especially at this time of year. If its on the dipstick then I'd be worried.

6. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

Ah ok cheers fellas. I have spoken to my mechanic since posting the thread and he also said its nothing to worry about. The oil on the dipstick was fine. I am just a bit paranoid about the car at the minute as it doesn't seem anywhere near as quick as a stage 2 S3 should in my opinion. I'd just never had any creamy oil on any of my previous cars so I panicked a bit. Going to have an investigate this week.

7. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi RS3

Hi graeme i also have the same issue with oil cap ,so thats cleared that up ,also my car is on stage 2+ and its feels flat and hesitant so will be taking it back to statllers asap to find out was going on so will let you know just incase its the same issue ...

8. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

plugs?

9. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi RS3

New plugs and coilpacks all round mate...

10. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

o2 sensor or boost leak.... sticky waste gate