1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi s3 flickering headlights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by carld, Jun 15, 2013.

1. carld

carld Member

[Jun 15, 2013]
    I noticed the other night that my headlights were flicking quite badly, I noticed it more when they were shining on a car in front of me.
    I was wondering what could be causing them to flicker?

The car has been lowered so I'm not sure if its anything to do with the auto levelling, but I did find the levelling connectors on the back of the actual headlight had been unplugged. Plugging them back in has made no difference to anything.

Ive uploaded a video of them shining against my shed, but the video doesn't show how much they do flicker.

Audi s3 flickering lights - YouTube
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. carld

carld Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    I noticed it only seems to flicker whn the engine is running. I'm guessing its just a loose bulb/headlight. Ill have a proper look tomorrow
  4. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

[Jun 16, 2013]
    check the inside assembly if its loose/broken/missing any parts from the inside.
  5. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

[Jun 16, 2013]
    Sounds like a loose wire, but could be a ballast unit failing if it's just one?
  6. carld

carld Member

[Jun 17, 2013]
    Cheers for the replies. Managed to have a look today and it turns out the inside of the headlight isn't actually connected to anything.

heres a video explaining better - Audi s3 headlight problem - YouTube

how do I go about fixing this then? I couldn't see anything for the light to clip onto