1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi s3 flickering headlights

carld Jun 15, 2013

1. carld

carld Member

I noticed the other night that my headlights were flicking quite badly, I noticed it more when they were shining on a car in front of me.
    I was wondering what could be causing them to flicker?

The car has been lowered so I'm not sure if its anything to do with the auto levelling, but I did find the levelling connectors on the back of the actual headlight had been unplugged. Plugging them back in has made no difference to anything.

Ive uploaded a video of them shining against my shed, but the video doesn't show how much they do flicker.

Audi s3 flickering lights - YouTube

2. carld

carld Member

I noticed it only seems to flicker whn the engine is running. I'm guessing its just a loose bulb/headlight. Ill have a proper look tomorrow

3. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

check the inside assembly if its loose/broken/missing any parts from the inside.

4. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot VCDS Map User

Sounds like a loose wire, but could be a ballast unit failing if it's just one?

5. carld

carld Member

Cheers for the replies. Managed to have a look today and it turns out the inside of the headlight isn't actually connected to anything.

heres a video explaining better - Audi s3 headlight problem - YouTube

how do I go about fixing this then? I couldn't see anything for the light to clip onto