Audi S3 coolant problems

a20 hvy

Reaction score
hi people im a new guy to this form just woundering if any off u could help me i have an audi s3 1999 model and it seems to be loosing coolant after an few hours driving i have checked for leakes and the aa did a leak test and it seemed fine i have had the front end off checked the radiator im woundering if the water pump could be slowly leaking i have ran the car with the coolant top off for a while to get it up to temprature and the heaters were alot warmer than before it started from the coolant light coming on the dash i thought it could be the head gasket but there is no water in the oil on the dipstick its confusing feel free to help if u can many thanks adam

The turbo is water cooled so the pipe connecting to the turbo could have a small leak, mine had the same issue.

I changed the coolant cap just incase it was escaping through that too, so that could be worth checking

cheers iv just done a cylinder compression test cylinder2,3 are 9and a half bar and 1,4 are 11 bar were can i get an uprated steel head gasket and other head parts can any one help ???? cheers harvey also were is the best place to get silicone hoses the hole lot for under engine ?????

Last edited:
which ever are the best and do them all also were can i get an uprated head gasket from and wat are the best spark plugs to use ?? and coolant

do a search and you will see the recommendations of members

i got a full 225 bhp engine sittin in the garage p.m me if ure intrested in parts or the lot

id go forge for the pipes mate find them better quality and price and forge do all the pipes so they can all match

Key question is it leaking? Are there visable water marks under where you park it? Head gasket seems a bit far to go without actually knowing it's the case....

Water leaks normally leave you a nice calcified pointer....

Was no leaks any were have got head off bore 234 are washed 1 is carbened up no obiovs splits in gasket heads of for pressure test and that tomoro also manifold is cracked that's exhaust manifold it also has a water stain next to bore 4 ? ???