1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 clutch slipping problem, help!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by mjrobbo, Dec 22, 2010.

1. mjrobbo

mjrobbo 2nd Gear

[Dec 22, 2010]
    Hi, Im new to this site and was wandering if anyone has any advice about clutch slipping problems after having a remap? ive been told its pretty common and need to know if a brand new standard clutch will suffice or do I need a performance clutch instead? the car has done 77,000 miles and the clutch was fine for a good 2 months after the remap so maybe it was on its way out anyway and i dont want to spend a fortune on a sachs clutch if its not totally nessessary. any advice would be a big help. thanks

2002, Audi S3
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. tku

tku Member

[Dec 22, 2010]
    Well there is a group buy going in the 8P section which I know your car isn't but you could try ask for a clucth for your 8L S3 and see what price they can do.

And I guess regarding which clutch to go for, I guess it would depend on whether you plan to add more power to your car..if it was me I would probably upgrade the clutch to a performance one however if you plan to just leave the car with a standard remap then I guess even the oem clutch would hold out for abit but in the end it would fail again haha.
  4. mjrobbo

mjrobbo 2nd Gear

[Dec 22, 2010]
    cheers mate, Its got a panel air filter, Forge Splitter valve, Forge intake pipe and forge boost pipes already, Im getting a milltek resonated exhaust in january and that will be it, Its still under warrenty which i think covers new clutches so Ill try a new standard clutch first then if that fails ill pay for an upgrade
  5. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

[Dec 22, 2010]
    If you have a warranty when you bought it it's probably a good idea to "hide" all modifications........
  6. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

[Dec 22, 2010]
    PS. If it prices up well - get a Sachs - I'm in the same boat so I know where your coming from mate :)