1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 Check valve direction.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ceS3r, Apr 21, 2014.

1. ceS3r

ceS3r Member

[Apr 21, 2014]
    Hello everyone. I was wondering what's the correct position to put the check valve? I'm talking about the one that is on the hose that comes from the top of the Throttle Body and it's just above the coilpacks.

I'm asking this because I had all my head cam, valve stem seals, valve guides, all of that work done, but I'm not sure if the guys in my local garage fitted this check valve right.

Other thing is I'm getting an extra woosh when boost goes over 7 lbs, it's like dumping air, I just fitted a Forge Splitter valve because it was in a very nice price, but not sure if this is the cause of it, also when i let off the gas the dv flutters, no matter if I turn the splitter all the way loose or all the way tight.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Car is a Audi S3 2003 BAM.

Excuse my bad english please.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

[Apr 21, 2014]
    The splitter valve is not suitable for use on these engines, best to remove it!
  4. ceS3r

ceS3r Member

[Apr 21, 2014]
    Yes, I've read a lot about it, I think I will just fit the OEM one since it's still working good, and maybe buy an 007 later
  5. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Active Member

[Apr 21, 2014]
    Boost in side, bottom in TIP... If that makes sense?