1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi s3 brake fluid capacity

simch Aug 13, 2007

1. simch

simch Active Member

Ok, so following the boiling of my brake fluid on the s3, I am going change it for some race stuff...

Can be quite expensive, so how many litres will I need for a 100% guaranteed change, I dont want any of the old **** left in there at all!

1l, 2l maybe.........or more.....not sure how much the abs pump etc holds.

I run brembos but not sure it makes a significant difference!

2. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

1.5L normally but buy two.

Motul RBF600 is a proven fluid and most people I know run it, its the second best readily available fluid but so, so much cheaper than Castrol SRF.

It's also only a DOT4, but look at the specs and you'll see chemically its better than most DOT5.1 fluids.

3. Aky

Aky Aky

I got told I had to buy 3 x 500ml RBF Motuls to do a full change but the mechanic only used 2 bottles. I'm hoping he changed the fluid but I have my suspicions!

4. simch

simch Active Member

What colour is the SRF? I know you have to pressure it through from the top so as not to lose the priming on the ABS pump, but at least if its a different colour to stock, you can see when it comes through the nipples!

Looked at the morul stuff, but to be fair if its only 2L I need, and the labour is the same, £40 in the price of the fluid is not worth worrying about. I want to make sure I dont get any of the pedal to floor moments I had on the weekend and an extra 40 sovs to stop that is not an issue!

5. Aky

Aky Aky

Simch - let me know how much was used please buddy - I don't want to cook my brakes on the track thinking that the mechanic has changed the fluid when in fact he has tipped it down the drain.

6. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Actually, thinking about it, I only gave my mechanic two bottles last time, as he gave me one back....

So maybe its 1 litre and buy 1.5l just in case?

That would then tie up with Aky's mechanic only having used two bottles.....

7. simch

simch Active Member

I reckon 2l should be enough..!?!?!We'll see

8. claudefrog

claudefrog Member

I used about 1.5 litres changing my recently.. about 500ml was spent when using vagcom to flush the abs pump.. without vagcom i would not have been driving home that evening as i had no pedal at all

9. simch

simch Active Member

Yes, vagcom and a pressure bleeder are pretty essential!

10. claudefrog

claudefrog Member

i was using a pressure bleeder, didnt realise I needed vagcom until i done a search on the forum
    :readit::readit::readit:

11. Aky

Aky Aky

I'm 99% sure the mechanic I used wouldn't have had access to Vagcom. I didn't know he'd need it. What do I need to do? flush the system using Vagcom?

12. madvw

madvw Active Member