1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 Black Edition 2011 - Help needed to confirm if Black Edition or not

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Deano1977, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Deano1977

Deano1977 New Member

[Aug 17, 2012]
    Hi Guys

Please can you help me, what defines the black edition? I have a 2010/2011 phantom black car, privacy glass, slightly darker rear light lenses, piano black surround for the stereo and Bose sound system. I had a platinum grille and silver wheels, but due to the other black bits, mainly the glass, I assumed it was a black edition.

I have been obtaining a trade-in price, neither the chassis number nor any of my initial purchase documents confirm that I do have a black edition, but does anyone else, is there a code within the PR codes that confirms this or should it be obvious and I do just have a phantom black car with some additional bits?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. RYes3

RYes3 Member

[Aug 17, 2012]
    The BE has black grill surround, black fog surrounds, RNS-e, privacy glass, black inlays, 18in rotors etc etc... Do you have the RNS-e?

Sounds like you got the standard S3 with some options.

FWIW, in terms of insurance, a BE and standard S3 are different cars, check you have it correct with your insurer!
  4. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 17, 2012]
    If it was the BE edition I cant see why anyone would want to replace the BE grill for a chrome grill. I would agree with S3_NOOB and say that its a normal S3 with some BE options fitted. I thought pulling up the reg of the car on the Audi system would confirm whether or not its an S3 BE. Let us know how you get on.
  5. Deano1977

Deano1977 New Member

[Aug 17, 2012]
    Cheers guys - yes I do have the RNS-e and agree I must just have some extra bits. I updated the insurance today and told them it was a BE, but it would appear that is incorrect.

Audi systems have no details or ref to BE just the number of extras. Actual reg/DVLA is also a bit of an odd one as it states I have a 5 door saloon which was also mis-leading for a 3 door hatch. I have obviously just assumed it was a BE. Thanks for the comments
  6. RYes3

RYes3 Member

[Aug 17, 2012]
    The records of what a car is really annoy me. If I do a look up on an insurance site or parts site mine will often come back as an A3 S3 S Line Quattro!! Its a f****ng Audi S3 Black Edition!!

Its annoying having to double check that the company you are enquiring with actually know what car you are talking about!
  7. The Governor

The Governor Active Member

[Aug 18, 2012]
    The RNSE isn't standard for a BE is it? My (non S3) BE doesn't have it...
  8. nluk100

nluk100 Active Member

[Aug 18, 2012]
    It is standard fit for the S3 BE.
  9. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer)

[Aug 18, 2012]
    Yep. standard fit on S3 BE. ^^^