1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 Black Edition 2011 - Help needed to confirm if Black Edition or not

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Deano1977, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Deano1977

Deano1977 New Member

Hi Guys

Please can you help me, what defines the black edition? I have a 2010/2011 phantom black car, privacy glass, slightly darker rear light lenses, piano black surround for the stereo and Bose sound system. I had a platinum grille and silver wheels, but due to the other black bits, mainly the glass, I assumed it was a black edition.

I have been obtaining a trade-in price, neither the chassis number nor any of my initial purchase documents confirm that I do have a black edition, but does anyone else, is there a code within the PR codes that confirms this or should it be obvious and I do just have a phantom black car with some additional bits?

Thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. RYes3

RYes3 Active Member

The BE has black grill surround, black fog surrounds, RNS-e, privacy glass, black inlays, 18in rotors etc etc... Do you have the RNS-e?

Sounds like you got the standard S3 with some options.

FWIW, in terms of insurance, a BE and standard S3 are different cars, check you have it correct with your insurer!

4. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

If it was the BE edition I cant see why anyone would want to replace the BE grill for a chrome grill. I would agree with S3_NOOB and say that its a normal S3 with some BE options fitted. I thought pulling up the reg of the car on the Audi system would confirm whether or not its an S3 BE. Let us know how you get on.

5. Deano1977

Deano1977 New Member

Cheers guys - yes I do have the RNS-e and agree I must just have some extra bits. I updated the insurance today and told them it was a BE, but it would appear that is incorrect.

Audi systems have no details or ref to BE just the number of extras. Actual reg/DVLA is also a bit of an odd one as it states I have a 5 door saloon which was also mis-leading for a 3 door hatch. I have obviously just assumed it was a BE. Thanks for the comments

6. RYes3

RYes3 Active Member

The records of what a car is really annoy me. If I do a look up on an insurance site or parts site mine will often come back as an A3 S3 S Line Quattro!! Its a f****ng Audi S3 Black Edition!!

Its annoying having to double check that the company you are enquiring with actually know what car you are talking about!

7. The Governor

The Governor Active Member

The RNSE isn't standard for a BE is it? My (non S3) BE doesn't have it...

8. nluk100

nluk100 Active Member

It is standard fit for the S3 BE.

9. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer)
    Gold Supporter Audi Main Dealer Audi S3

Yep. standard fit on S3 BE. ^^^