Audi S3 8p 57 Plate Issues - Advice Needed

Brany

Reaction score
So last week i got a second hand BCS full turboback exhaust fitted. As well as this i got my Autotech fuel pump internals and new airtec stage 2 intercooler fitted as well.

Since fitting there is an intermittent issue with boost, it seems to hesitate sometimes when boosting. Occasionally it feels like it's not boosting at all, but the majority of time it boosts then stops boosting and boosts again. Additionally to this, my mechanic is now ignoring me... not a good sign and my slight misfire on idle is now a lot worse.

I told my mechanic about these issues but he is just claiming that it needs to be remapped so it will run like **** at the moment, the car is on a stock remap right now so it sounded plausible to me.

Is he correct or should i be hunting him down? Just need some advice.

Ideally you'd get it mapped relatively soon now the Autotech internal are fitted. It won't really be improving the performance at this stage but may enentually cause unnecessary wear and tear. The car shouldn't run like **** however.

The Autotech internals need to be fitted in an incredibly clean environment as any dust or foreign matter will cause issues. What's this the case?

Ideally you'd get it mapped relatively soon now the Autotech internal are fitted. It won't really be improving the performance at this stage but may enentually cause unnecessary wear and tear. The car shouldn't run like **** however.

The Autotech internals need to be fitted in an incredibly clean environment as any dust or foreign matter will cause issues. What's this the case?
I'd assume that the mechanic has done it properly, i could definitely see this affecting a misfire however i couldn't see it affecting the boost issues. It was perfectly fine when he had the car and now he wants nothing to do with it.

From personal experience whenever I've had boost issue it usually goes back to being the diverted valve.
After the 2nd time I bought the GFB DV+ and haven't had any problems since I fitted it 4 months ago.

So I'd check the diverted and see if it's broken/split on the diaphragm.
If so buy a Rev G and the Dv+ and it should be back to normal.

Also the car will run fine with the updated fuel pump as it's still only wanting the same amount of fuel. The new pump just supplies greater when the car asks for it.
Misfire I'd check coilpacks and also if there is any water in the spark plug wells. Common problem with misfire.
Maybe worth finding a local man with a vcds lead. Then they can diagnose what's really wrong.

You need it mapping, a full turbo back exhaust fuel pump and intercooler is stage 2+ realms. The car will run terrible untill its been mapped again as the car wont know whats up . Id reccomend gfb diverter valve and an induction kit to make the most. Also get a set of cooler spark plugs fitted too but minnimum you need it mapping

Cheers
Dave w

I ran all of mine without a map and it ran fine. The car will just see increased performance from the parts but won't utilise them. The only thing you may get is an EML from the sports cat.
A map will only make the most of the add ons you've installed.

You need it mapping, a full turbo back exhaust fuel pump and intercooler is stage 2+ realms. The car will run terrible untill its been mapped again as the car wont know whats up . Id reccomend gfb diverter valve and an induction kit to make the most. Also get a set of cooler spark plugs fitted too but minnimum you need it mapping

Cheers
Dave w

I ran all of mine without a map and it ran fine. The car will just see increased performance from the parts but won't utilise them. The only thing you may get is an EML from the sports cat.
A map will only make the most of the add ons you've installed.

Think you were lucky mate, i put a full exhaust on mine at stage 1 and it would splutter and cut the power at 5k until i had it mapped again after that it ran perfect. As you said with the fiel pump that will be fine as the car will only give it the fuel it needs

Cheers
Dave w

i have recently just got a Bcs powervalve full turbo back exhaust with 1 cat and a new air induction kit put in so i am hoping i don't suffer any off the problems the OP has had but if i do i will firstly check my Dv

So the BCS full system doesn’t typically cause the ECL to come on - something to do with how the sensors are fitted. I think one or 2 have received the light but the majority haven’t. One of the benefits of the BCS I guess! My BCS (full tbe with cat) was fitted for about 60 miles before the remap and I had no light.

@Brany, check your Diverter Valve as the guys above mention. If you need to replace then the GFB Dv+ is the recommendation, it connects to your existing solenoid.

Regarding your Autotech pump - did you fit the internals to your hpfp or a spare? If you have your original as a spare then try that to see if it makes any difference.

So the BCS full system doesn’t typically cause the ECL to come on - something to do with how the sensors are fitted. I think one or 2 have received the light but the majority haven’t. One of the benefits of the BCS I guess! My BCS (full tbe with cat) was fitted for about 60 miles before the remap and I had no light.

@Brany, check your Diverter Valve as the guys above mention. If you need to replace then the GFB Dv+ is the recommendation, it connects to your existing solenoid.

Regarding your Autotech pump - did you fit the internals to your hpfp or a spare? If you have your original as a spare then try that to see if it makes any difference.
Hi guys, Thank you for all of the feedback and responses. I had brand new Red Coilpacks from aks fitted a few months back, along with a new pcv and also a full set of NGK spark plugs. The internals are fitted to my HPFP which was actually a new one as my old one was putting me in limp mode. My intake has been fitted for a good 5 months or so, i've just been saving up to get everything on and straight to stage 2+.

What i have noticed is that there are some wires that are enclosed that are stuck around the hpfp area, by this i mean they are squashed against the intake. I am unsure if they are for the boost sensor or not.

Update to this post, the fix was so simple. It was a Small Green O'ring missing from the intercooler piping. The pipe was almost popping off under boost and sometimes sealing its self, which is why it had boost sometimes but not others.