Audi s3 8p 2007 gearbox / transfer box question help!!

meadus69

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just given my s3 a service today, changed engine oil and filter, drained gearbox oil, i also drained the transfer box oil. This was a little 5mm allen under the d/s inner cv.
now i thought that the gearbox oil and transfer are linked and the oil went between them? is this true?

I filled the gearbox back up but it only took 2.1Litres (i had 3Litres out of gearbox and transfer) took it up the road to see if that would move it around but level hasnt gone down!

is there a seperate fill for the transfer box??

Could someone help please!! i dont want to run it with no oil in the transfer box!!

Thanks
Tom

I found this thread for a golf R, the transfer box looks identical to mine and upon inspection I found the fill plug where the thread states.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6932369-Golf-R-front-differential-oil-change

I drained the transfer box again and hardly anything came out leading me to believe this is a seperate unit as I had left the car overnight and taken it for a short trip up the road, if the transfer and the gearbox where connected then some oil would have come across.

It was a ******* to fill but I used a squeezy bottle with a pipe to the filler port. It took about 0.9L so some as dear diff. I used the same oil 75w 90 as rear diff.

I hope this helps anyone else having the same problems!!

Tom