1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 8L, red, coilovers, Full specification, FSH

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted - Audi Cars' started by benjy88, May 19, 2012.

1. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 19, 2012]
    Hi all,

Having to sell my beautiful red S3 after just a few months' ownership. I bought it as I needed a car that was going to cover motorway miles easily and without fuss, but me being me, always need something with at least some urgency to it. However, I recently lost my job - and really can't continue pretending that I don't need to downgrade my lifestyle a little for a while...

The Car:

• Red
    • APY 210BHP engine
    • 11 Months' MOT
    • 5 Months' Tax
    • Full Specification
    • Fully stamped service book - last service just 500 miles ago
    • B5 RS4 replica alloy wheels
    • Privacy rear and side glass
    • Michelin Pilot Sport tyres all around, all with very decent tread.
    I bought the car with 1 month's tax and just 2 weeks MOT left on it, and got hit by a number of advisories that the MOT threw at me. Since then I have been fixing those advisories and making sure that this car is in as good a condition as it could be. (I am very very anal about my cars, you'll notice I clean the engine bay too - pathetic I know, but that's me.)

The car is a 1999 reg Audi S3, with a few bonuses to it. The engine is standard with the exception of an aftermarket air filter. It has been consistently warmed up for at least 2 minutes before setting off every time, hurry or no hurry (much to the dismay of my Fiance). The engine and bay itself is in immaculate condition, and has been treated to a full service and check over in the past 4 weeks.

BAD POINTS:
    • Someone has recently reversed too close, scraping the rear arch of the car slightly, it hasn't bothered me quite enough to get rid of it, but I have enquired about the cost of repairing it, and if I find a local buyer - I will happily have it repaired as it's not too much at all.
    • Couple of chips in the windscreen (all been checked and repaired by Autoglass, and all are legal, receipts for this are in the folder)
    • Couple of small chips here and there around the front bumper and bonnet.
    • The clips are missing on the parcel shelf that rise with the tailgate.
    • Front Speakers aren't working for some reason, may just be a connection fault.
    GOOD POINTS:
    • The car has been converted to facelift Xenon headlights by the previous owner, as well as facelift rear lights. The vision at night is superb.
    • Highest specification barring 'Sat-Nav,' so you'll be getting the incredible heated, and electrically adjustable Recaro sports seats, A/C, ABS, ESP, dual climate control, etc etc.
    • Because the car is pre-facelift, you'll receive the original handling setup - less understeer. This was something I particularly wanted when buying the car - and the difference is noticeable.
    • The S3 is also riding on coilovers, can't remember the make, but they weren't cheap from what I understand... They are, however, IMMENSELY comfortable. They ironed out motorway bumps and potholes like a dream, and yet if you really wish to floor the car around a corner, they keep you level and stick you to the road like glue. They really are perfect. (For you modifying lads - they are fully adjustable too - so you can go as low as you wish really - just watch the sump on the road please!!)
    • Comes with B5 RS4 replicas, finished in two-tone silver and anthracite. Nice and subtle, but add so much to the car, especially with the spacers added.
    • For the full asking price you'll be receiving my pride and joy Pioneer BT unit. I've had this for a few years and I'm not sure whether to give it away too, but it's iPod and phone compatible. All you need to do is buy the microphone, plug it in, and you'll be able to use your phone through the stereo too, just like normal bluetooth handsfree kits.
    • Recently completely replaced the power steering cooling pipe, as it was VERY rusty and in need of a long stay in the trash. Genuine Audi Part.
    • Replaced n/s C.V. boot, as was showing signs of wear.
    • Replaced a few jubilee clips and hose joints here and there that were looking a bit tired.
    • Also fixed the passenger seat mechanism, which was refusing to fold forward when I first bought the car. Have since repaired the mechanism and clip, as well as replacing the cover for it.
    I don't know what else to say really - I'm a motoring journalist, so you'll understand why selling this type of car is a truly **** feeling... It's been a fantastic experience already, and if I find another job soon, I'll be buying another without question. The car is situated in Farnham, Surrey, just outside of Guildford. Should anyone wish to come and view the car, please give me a call on 07881 956414, and i'll give you my postcode. If you would like to test drive the car, you must provide proof of valid insurance (this does not mean just fully comp, if you are valid, it will have a specified allowance to drive others' vehicles too). However, if you do not have valid insurance, I am perfectly happy to take you for as long a test drive as you wish.

If you'd like any more photos, Private message me - plenty more on my camera. Some interesting Photoshopped ones too.

Many automotive journo guys agree - this will be a future classic due to its small numbers and desirability.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. benjy88

benjy88 Member

4. Dubbers1

Dubbers1 Top Gear

[May 23, 2012]
    Mileage?
  5. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 24, 2012]
    Says up the top dude, 131,000... or at least I think it does. Was a bit elsewhere when I wrote the ad. It's reduced to £3300 now, as the estate agent fees to move are absolutely insane.
  6. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 24, 2012]
    Apologies, you're right - it's not on there. Silly twat I am. Well it's 131k anyway, just serviced too. Still pulling like a train bless it!
  7. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 24, 2012]
    Also - sorry, just to add. The last 10,000 miles has been an hour and a half long commute down the M3 to Bournemouth where I was working - so it's had a pretty easy life recently.
  8. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 25, 2012]
    Bump - any offers?
  9. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 26, 2012]
    Saturday Morning bump...
  10. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 27, 2012]
    TTT... Really no offers for it? It's a stunning S3.
  11. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Well-Known Member

[May 27, 2012]
    Liking this mate, I'll pm ya shortly
  12. donjon

donjon Member

[May 30, 2012]
    My old car, Its one of the good ones. Shame to see it being sold so quickly but needs must i suppose mate. The coilovers are weitec gt by the way.
  13. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[May 30, 2012]
    Thanks Jon... I am incredibly gutted. It's properly killing me to sell it so quickly. But since I left my job and we've gotta move - I've really gotta sell it. Fooling myself otherwise :/
  14. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[Jun 1, 2012]
    Still for sale. Couple of viewings this bank holiday Monday, and on wednesday! If you'd like to arrange a viewing as well - let me know!
  15. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[Jun 8, 2012]
    Still up... happy to listen to offers!!
  16. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[Jun 16, 2012]
    Bump. Still for sale - £3100 anyone?
  17. benjy88

benjy88 Member

[Jun 16, 2012]
    Now on ebay too...