1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi S3 8L Clutch and Flywheel conversion

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by KENCUTH, Jun 10, 2011.

1. KENCUTH

KENCUTH New Member

Hello, I have just bought my first audi S3. I need to put a complete new clutch and flywheel on her. Iv been told that the Dual mass is useless and that i need to get a conversion kit. It seems very hard to find 1. I was wondering if there was any other models of cars i.e. TT, A3 Quattro, maybe some VW's that had the same set up of clutch or flywheel that i could purchase which would fit straight onto my S3? I have found a lightened flywheel from america. Would this fit into any clutch tho?

Would appreciate any1's comments

Many thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

4. KENCUTH

KENCUTH New Member

Yes thats the one. What are your thoughts?

5. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

It's hard to say. I know the one you meant as I have had it in my watch list for about 2 months. I was planning to buy one on a just in case basis when I had some spare cash.

They look the part, and I did some digging and couldn't find anything bad.

6. KENCUTH

KENCUTH New Member

Same i couldn't find anything bad said about them. Would this fit on any clutch or would i have to buy a speacial 1 for conversion?

7. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

F1 stuff is good for the money to be honest. Used a lot in the honda world and never seen any threads about problems with them really. I know of a few people using them in turbo applications (Honda again) and have served them well. One using a stage 3 clutch kit running about 380bhp and almost 300ft-lbs and its never shown signs of failing on him other than obvious mileage wearing.

8. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Andrews running a SMF isnt he, and i think hes running a standard clutch or possibly a sach with the standard clutch cover.

9. KENCUTH

KENCUTH New Member

Brilliant sounds good. thanks Look like i will be purchasing 1 shortly. Now just need to find clutch.

Much appreciated for the reply's Welly and Jason.s

10. KENCUTH

KENCUTH New Member

Ah so i could use pretty much any clutch then?

11. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp?

Yes i do run a TTV Racing Single mass flywheel, All billet and weighs in at less than 3 kg

It was made to use a standard clutch plate and cover and can be made for Sach if you ask them, I went for the standard as you can still get some good clutches out there for a good price, Not a fan of the sach, think there over priced.

12. KENCUTH

KENCUTH New Member

Brilliant really appreciate the comments many thanks all that have posted.

13. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

im Hybrid turbo'd and running a standard clutch all be it new and its more then upto the job unless your going BT i really dont think there is any need to upgrade

14. jay 400

jay 400 New Member

I also purchase this flywheel and have the same problem,but did do some research and found that a stage 3+ clutch is best but just dont no now if to go with a unsprung or a sprung hub,heard its good stuff though!