audi s3 2012 bumper on 2003 a3 ?

Drury93

Reaction score
hi everyone im new to the a3 scene . i was wondering if a 2012 s3 front bumper will fit my 2003 newer shape a3 . i have read i will need to chane the bonnet and cut the support bar but is that it ? thanks

If its from an 8P, not an 8V, then yes, its possible. Have a search, lots of info, prices, part numbers etc.
But basically, you need bonnet, wings, lights, bumper, un sure on crash bar.

Dont think anyone has tried to face lift an 8P to an 8V. Being a different chassis, i cant see it being bolt on.

If its from an 8P, not an 8V, then yes, its possible. Have a search, lots of info, prices, part numbers etc.
But basically, you need bonnet, wings, lights, bumper, un sure on crash bar.

Dont think anyone has tried to face lift an 8P to an 8V. Being a different chassis, i cant see it being bolt on.

:/ so allot of work , is there any bi grill bumpers i can fit without having to change the wings and lights ?

You can fit upto 2009 (i think) bumper, with just a bonnet swap.
There are some grille conversions for the old bumpers, but only to try and make it look like 8P2, not 8P3.

You can fit upto 2009 (i think) bumper, with just a bonnet swap.
There are some grille conversions for the old bumpers, but only to try and make it look like 8P2, not 8P3.

do you mind me asking what 8p2 and 8p3 mean or are ? any examples

They are changes in the model year (from reading on here, i had no idea either!)
8P1 is early, pre faclift, 8P2 is facelift(2005-2009 i think) 8P3 is after that.

Hope i got that right!

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/76906-8p1-8p2-8p3.html[/FONT]

ok so s3 bumpers wount fit without changing the wings , sorry im dull :p

You can fit the 04-08 bumpers onto your car and would need to change the bonnet at the same time. That includes the sline or s3. That will save you from changing your lights, wings etc

You can fit the 04-08 bumpers onto your car and would need to change the bonnet at the same time. That includes the sline or s3. That will save you from changing your lights, wings etc
ok cool so i should try get a pre 2008 s3 bumper if i only want to change the bonnet

Sorry to hi jack the thread, but can anyone recommend a place to get a facelift carried out in or close to North London ?

I've got the bumper,bonnet,grill,wings etc just need it all fitted on and painted.