Audi S3 (2009) remap and exhaust

jamhot

Reaction score
Hi guys ive got an 09 audi s3 and would just like to know what remap i am best going for and what exhaust is the best, im after a cat back system ! any advice would be great.

The best exhaust is probably a Milltek. For the remap it depends on personal taste, a lot of people swear by revo, I prefer the power delivery of GIAC. Plenty of threads on here about this type of mod. Enjoy!

All depends how deep pockets you have. Revo remap is by far most aggressive and allows to play up with boost timing and fueling. Millteks quality got worse and many problems with rear mount are reported. If you after the best quality S3 exhaust on the market then open you wallet wide and say Supersprint:].

I've got a sort of chopped Milltek on mine which has caused no problems whatsoever.

I know a few people have had problems but also been sorted very quickly under warranty.

I've always used Revo for the mapping on the car from Stg1 to Stg4 and have been very pleased with the product and also the advice and backup from Revo.

Just gone to stage2+ with my S3, went with milltek and revo, couldn't be happier!

Just gone to stage2+ with my S3, went with milltek and revo, couldn't be happier!

I thought that......then Kate Moss walked in and all her clothes fell off !

Had REVO previously and rate it very highly, although I think nigh on £700 for Stage 1 and a switch for dealer visits is just too steep these days.
This is partly why I am considering SHARK this time around.

good luck
Paul

I have had the last 5 cars mapped by Revo and have yet to use my SPS, you can usually negotiate a free one of these anyway, try talking to Revo HQ and see if any promo's coming up.

I have used Bluefin and all versions of GIAC but for me Revo does exactly what it says on the tin, each and every time, you get what you pay for I guess ?!?

In regard to Milltek, I have also used these extensively for everything from S3, TTS, BMW 130, Golf GTi Mk6 and despite a couple of very minor issues which were sorted very quickly I have to say the quality is spot on and my use has been very extreme with frequent track days so all in all very pleased.

I've had Oettinger, AmD (Bicester 2003), MTM and Revo. Driven (but not owned) GIAC, Bluefin and APR.

Lets just say I've now had Revo on 5 cars on the trot, and Stage 2 or above on the last 3. Great product, it would need to be something exceptional to make me consider something else.

As far as I can remember,I paid about £500 for my initial map,and then £50 for the incremental steps up to the current level.

I think that in any case,the quality of service and product would make it worthwhile even if it was substantially more.

moneys not really an issue to be fair. im only looking for a cat back system and a stage 1 remap... not looking at going to mad lol... im in the LIVERPOOL area and theres a company called vanquish performance who state they do remap and 4 dyno runs for £280 near me... any heard of them ? they claim 305 bhp with 420 torq's ??????? any advice guys. also if i go down the revo route do i need to go to them and where are they based...

ALSO DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS AND AIR FILTER IF HAVING A REMAP ??

Mike

had a look at this exhaust but not registered with the other forum. Would you have his contact details or know if he still has it for sale as very much interested and am only an hour from leeds.

cheers

Dave

I have a full tbe milltek system it in the classifieds onl done 1000 miles and going for 900 if your interested have a read like I said it's in the classifieds.