Audi S3 2009 over revving issue's

Vish_s3

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been having a real issue identifying what the problem is with my car. I've had it since early 2010 and have had no issue's. Recently I have been gettin a consistent problem where when the car warms up to 90 the revs start increasing themselves. Eg; I stopped at the lights and the revs went from 900 to 2000. I have taken to mechanics who have suggested that the MAF needs to be replaced. After doing this however I have had no luck in sorting this issue out. If someone could give advice from n what to do I would really appreciate it

PCV split anywhere? Smoke test would confirm it.

Reactions: S.
Hi guys,
I have been having a real issue identifying what the problem is with my car. I've had it since early 2010 and have had no issue's. Recently I have been gettin a consistent problem where when the car warms up to 90 the revs start increasing themselves. Eg; I stopped at the lights and the revs went from 900 to 2000. I have taken to mechanics who have suggested that the MAF needs to be replaced. After doing this however I have had no luck in sorting this issue out. If someone could give advice from n what to do I would really appreciate it
Pcv mate quick and easy fix, 40-60£ TPS make sure u get the gasket as well.

Sounds like pcv is faulty mate ,quite common and a cheap fix too,the newer one is a revised one so will be better too.