Audi S1 and rear bumper ripple

Blazter

Reaction score
Hi S1-friends!

I picked up my lovely Audi S1 about two weeks ago and I'm very happy about it! Two days ago I found a strange reflection on the rear bumber. It looks like a dent but isn't, you can just see it in the right angle. Look at my legs on the picture... and I'm not bowlegged! ;) I asked the Audi dealership but they said that it can happen when the bumper is manufactured, they are plastic so they doesn't always come straight all way. If they change it I could get one even worse. I didn't notice it until I stepped away maybe three meters from the bumper in sunlight so it's hard to detect. What do you think? Is it called a ripple?

Ripple

Hi S1-friends!

I picked up my lovely Audi S1 about two weeks ago and I'm very happy about it! Two days ago I found a strange reflection on the rear bumber. It looks like a dent but isn't, you can just see it in the right angle. Look at my legs on the picture... and I'm not bowlegged! ;) I asked the Audi dealership but they said that it can happen when the bumper is manufactured, they are plastic so they doesn't always come straight all way. If they change it I could get one even worse. I didn't notice it until I stepped away maybe three meters from the bumper in sunlight so it's hard to detect. What do you think? Is it called a ripple?

View attachment 134281

I work at a main dealership and that sounds like a proper fob off to me! Bumpers don't ripple that easy unless impacted or extreme heat is applied. Do you have an audi approved bodyshop near you rather than the dealer? End of the day you have a 10 year paint guarantee!

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I will ask them. I guess they need to replace it?

Thanks!

Mine has a small ripple, about the same place. I'm sure someone else has mentioned this before. Probably a standard "feature".

I have a very small ripple on the rear bumper of my A3. On the odd occasion that it catches the sunlight, it annoys the hell out of me. Maybe the guy or girl in Audi QC should go to spec savers!

Reactions: Raiden
Thank you for your replies and especially you who looked at your own car. I talked with the dealership who said that it's common with the bumper as they are made in plastic. Even if you change it, the sun (or heat) can make it the same!

I have looked at several Audi's over the months and also noticed this type of ripple on the rear bumpers especially around the PDC sensors, so it is not an isolated issue.

I also have a small ripple in the exact same place.