AUDI RS6 QUATTRO AVANT 2009

Jason 70

Reaction score
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME!

I HAVE AN RS6 2009 WITH THE LAMBORGHINI ENGINE AND IT HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT. THE AIRBAGS HAVE DEPLOYED AND EVEN WITH POWER ON WITH IGNITION, THE CAR WILL NOT START VIA THE START BUTTON, OR THE KEY - IT JUST CLICKS ONCE - BIT LIKE A FLAT BATTERY SOUND. THE DAMAGE IS DOWN THE SIDES AND DOES NOT ENTER THE ENGINE BAY, THOUGH THE DRIVE SHAFT HAS PULLED/ PUSHED ON THE GEARBOX FLANGE. SOMEONE DID EXPRESS THAT IT MAY BE DUE TO THE AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT THAT THE ENGINE WILL NOT START. IT WOULD BE USEFULL TO GET ANYONES OPINION.
REGARDS
J

Sorry to hear mate. Im not an expert on this car but have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it? When the car detects some damage it goes into safety mode and either cuts power or the whole engine. Hope that helps!

Thanks Gops, someone else mentioned the safety mode, and cut off to the engine start - I hope it is correct as a new engine would cost an arm and a leg!:crying:

Have you had someone dianose it yet? Love to know what it actually is? By the way i hope your ok from your accident? How bad is the damage?