Audi RS4 Avant B8 (2014/15) gear issue?

meeemo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a newbie here so apologies in advance if i ask about something that was discussed previously. Would appreciate any advice / help i can get.

I'm about to purchase a 2015 RS4 Avant from a friend that had it for a few months only. The car has 14,000km on it and is under warranty till 2020 and has a full service package till 2020 as well. The owner is selling because he is leaving the country so it has nothing to do with the problem (if you can call it that) i'm about to describe.

I've been driving the car for the past couple of day to get a feel for it as a daily driver. I noticed that in dynamic mode the shift up and down are quite aggressive and jerky which is expected in these setting. The problem comes up when i come to a complete stop. there is a slight knock sound that i can hear. Quite noticeable for anyone that is familiar with cars. Not sure if this is a gearbox issue or something common in all the RS4 being a performance car. Reminded me of the sounds and jerky movements i encountered when owning the Evo X.

I also feel and hear the sound when in comfort mode.

Also when turning the car off it gives me the feeling like it was still in gear while switching off.. meaning that its not a smooth sound. It is very difficult to explain those symptoms.

Anyone face something similar? Does the RS4 have history with transmission / gearbox issue?

Once again apologies if this is a re-post. Appreciate all the help i can get.

Hey, there is an issue with the front suspension. Thats where the sound is coming from, some have reported this on a different forum.

If you think that its a gearbox issue, take the car to the dealer to restart the software on the tranny. Hope this helps.