1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi rope lights ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by JohnboyC, Jul 20, 2010.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

At the risk of being a bit contravershal - who likes the what I assume are side lights that look like rope lights from a disco on most new Audi's headlights

After an initial yeah they look OK, I just think they now look plain daft.....and its odd that other manufactures don't seem to be copying Audi's lead as is the norm in the motor industry...

The LED lights also seem a bit too bright.....

Whats everyone else think ?
  2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

You mean the DRLs??

Guess they are ok, if they come on the car, im actually liking the look of them on the new A3s, as they go 'over' the lights rather than under, makes it look really good, especially on a black A3.

Alot of companies are and have been following suit, even seen them on Shitroens, new ones too, not saxos that have a few LEDs, where half dont even work and make something bad look even worse!!
  3. Jonay

Jonay Member

the Skoda Octavia ones look well out of place.

Porsche ones dont look too bad, though not as good as Audi
  4. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

i had them on my Audi before Audi had them on there Audis!! i started it!! Audi copied me!! ner! :undwech: (ok maybe i see on on the concept R8)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

back on topic i think they look ok on the porkas A5s and those big mercs, everything else looks shat and its very boring now.... it was good when no one else had them... made my A4 stand out! lol
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010