1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi roof bars

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by poweller, Nov 21, 2012.

1. poweller

poweller Member

[Nov 21, 2012]
    Does anyone know if they can be used with thule carrier products, (eg bike carrier). I have just been to the local audi dealer, they weren't sure.. The a3 bars are available to order though if anyone is interested, £200 inc vat.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. MiT

MiT Work Hard, Play harder!!

[Nov 21, 2012]
    i know someone at work had them on his A3 sportback the other day, off course this was not on unreleased new 8V
  4. TreborA4

TreborA4 Active Member

[Nov 24, 2012]
    If they are the same Audi roof bars as the ones I have for my current A4 Avant the answer is yes.

You will need to get a kit of four threaded bolts with square plates on them. Not sure what they are called.

Edit: For example.... Thule T-track aerobar roof box adapters 697-4, will be different for bike carrier products!

The plates slide into the slot in the Audi roof bars and the Thule carrier/roof box etc. then screws onto the bolts.

I am wondering if my roof bars will fit the A3 sportback I have ordered. I expect they will not, I bet there is a few millimetres difference!
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012