Audi RNS-E help!

AntonTDI

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How do i connect my RNS-E to my Iphone? i searched on my Iphone it wont find it, is there a pairing screen on the unit?

Also its says 7 cd, but the cd changer is it built into the unit or is there a cd changed somewhere in the car? Pretty noob ino but its driving me crazy lol! i used the port behind the screen, so when i use the sat nav im limited to the radio :( cos i have to eject the cd in order for the sat nav! Help Please :)

Firstly...

To connect your iPhone you either need the Audi iPod dock, Audi AMI (Mk2 RNSe only) or an aftermarket iPod connection. This is for audio only though.

There is no cd changer built into the unit, if you have a changer it will be in your glovebox.

When you say port I'm assuming you mean SD Card slots behind the screen? If you put music on there, you can use the sat nav as well as using your tunes.

If you need any iPod interfaces, just click on the links in my signature.

Reactions: AntonTDI
Its got the Dock in the glovebox, i wana connect it via bluetooth if possible, as it comes up and says your phone is not connected etc, but my iphone wont find the unit itself! no changer in the glovebox :(

So how do i connect via bluetooth?

If you have a MK2 RNSE with a MEDIA button I have a AMI unit for sale for far far cheaper than the ones currently for sale on ebay - its brand new too - you can buy a bluetooth adapter so it streams music thru bluetooth to the ami

for calls you will need the audi bluetooth module

Last edited:
Are you trying to connect the phone for music or calls? Just because you have an RNSE & an iPod connector doesn't mean you have the Bluetooth module fitted to make calls.

Been lookin on eBay at MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE AUDI RNS-E A3 A4 A6 adapter 0003 is that what I need

For calls mate!

Merry Christmas all.

If you are trying to pair for calls, then a Mutli Media Interface is not relevant. You need to have the Bluetooth module installed, and chances are you don't have this installed.
Once installed, you phone will pair with the RNS to show contacts and make calls etc, but this will only work once also coded with VCDS.

Anton I'll look at it for you over Xmas when I do your lights! Thought you said you had a 2007 s3 in your text not a 2012??

Anton I'll look at it for you over Xmas when I do your lights! Thought you said you had a 2007 s3 in your text not a 2012??

Cheers guys but Wes has saved the day again, I'll just wait for him and fire 101 questions at him when I see him :nyah:, Wes let me no when you free mate :)