1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Rims (RS6) Going For Dirt Cheap From Super Seller...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by emzino, Apr 5, 2007.

1. emzino

emzino Active Member

[Apr 5, 2007]
    Thought i'd give ulot a headsup about it. Seems like every customer is pleased if you look in his feedback and he assures me theres no catch and that they are genuine alloys and not replicas.

Have a look for yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320098467213&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=320097707008&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

He a good liar or they just an absolute bargain?

NB: If you can't get through via the link, here's the sellers page http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/autosport-carstyling/
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Apr 5, 2007]
    You do realise that's each?
  4. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

[Apr 5, 2007]
    no thats for 4 of them

but they are not genuine ones, i am wary of copies.
  5. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Apr 5, 2007]
    Yup - my bad....
  6. normski

normski Member

[Apr 5, 2007]
    Definitely replicas, and from most that I have seen of this type they start to bubble within a couple of years very badly, but then you can get a set reconditioned for little over £200, so over all a lot cheaper than paying for the real thing....though the weights can vary tremendously to the real thing
  7. emzino

emzino Active Member

[Apr 5, 2007]
    Hmm well i'm not gonna buy it as I would rather have the real thing.

Just a question though, is it true that the genuine rims are lighter? What other advantages would it have?
  8. normski

normski Member

[Apr 5, 2007]
    I am no expert, but I think the better the replica the better the finish and the closer the weight to the originals.

My wife has 4 rep 17inch RS4's on her MkIV golf and they have bubbled to **** but the wheels are rock hard.

My mate has two replica and two real 18inch RS4's. The genuine ones are quite soft compared to the reps and scuff and dent easier, but the paint job is so much more hard wearing and better looking.

Some people like the heavier wheels, some don't and some can't tell the difference from what I read everywhere.