Audi reveals 2009 A3 facelift and A3 Sportback

To be honest, the only compelling thing about the facelifted models for me is the magnetic ride, which is absolutely awesome in the TT. Maybe I'm getting old, but after 2 years the suspension/ride on my S-Line is getting annoying being that hard.

Mate at work has the TT with mag suspension and it's like the SE ride in comfort mode and like mine in sport mode. Just the ticket.

Question for current A3 owners that bought their car new.

How many days after the build week did the car take to arrive at the dealers?

Phoned deposit through 11 October, signed order 14th. the car arrived at the dealer 2 January, with handover 12th. So 3 months with the Christmas / New Year break in there

Colour DIS... finally :) Probably another 500 euro option but at least we have the choice now. I never understood why the A3 didn't have this option while all other models did.

Is it actually colour though like other models (A4 etc). It looks like white text from the pictures I've seen. But not actually a proper colour screen...

To be honest, the only compelling thing about the facelifted models for me is the magnetic ride, which is absolutely awesome in the TT. Maybe I'm getting old, but after 2 years the suspension/ride on my S-Line is getting annoying being that hard.

Mate at work has the TT with mag suspension and it's like the SE ride in comfort mode and like mine in sport mode. Just the ticket.

I too found the S-line suspension was getting more and more tiresome.
You don't need magnetic ride though, if Audi would just sort their ****** spring/'damper rates out!
My current car, along with plenty of others, is able to combine a comfy ride with sporty handling, without resorting to 'gadgets'.

I actually find the ride on my S3 really good, and better than the S-line models I've been in. Have heard great things about mag-ride in the TT and would be keen to be try it on the S3.

There are occasions when I would like a slightly firmer feel to the S3, but without resorting to the back breaking ride I had with my old Cooper S Mini, and I would hope the mag-ride might offer this.

been told today that the 170tdi sportback facelift wont be available until november surely this can't be right.

Just looking at the interior nets in there, is there any where in the Uk that sells those, and are they easy to fit ? Instructions any where ?

Cheers

Richard

Part of the storage pack I think, my wifes SE had them as standard. Give Vagparts a call.

wonder what build week they will start coming through!.

Just heard I have week 19. Either way I am not too bothered on the facelift but then again, sure it will grow.
S3 sportback is interesting though...

wonder what build week they will start coming through!.

Just heard I have week 19. Either way I am not too bothered on the facelift but then again, sure it will grow.
S3 sportback is interesting though...

Had it from my dealer Wk 22 build they are facelift. Mine is being delivered wk23..... bit confused as to what build week mine would be???

Main reason I have ordered an SE and there are no more SE models.

some people's experience seems to suggest build week is between 2 and 4 weeks before delivery date

Not sure when my S3 is due to be built. I ordered it back in January so that I would not get the facelift version.

However, I am now very surprised to be strangely drawn to the facelift.

I'm not going to pester the dealer in the hope that my build date will be after week 23........

I'm drawn to the S3 SBs rear lights......

S3SBRearLights.jpg

:jump:

Right then...... The gospel according to the Audi launch pack.

A3 & S3 Facelift models are being produced from Wk22 '08

A3 Sportback is being produced from Wk25 '08

If you have already ordered an SE and it is being built after this time it WILL be the new facelift version however it will be the '08 spec SE not the '09 spec SE. Ther are changing the range and the models start with the base model then SE then Sport then S-Line there is a premium between these models of aprox £500 to £1400.