1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi remote fob.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by roblane65, Apr 11, 2012.

1. roblane65

roblane65 Member

[Apr 11, 2012]
    Just a quickie,does any one know can a genuine audi keyfob be re coded ? I've only got one remote for my car and have the chance of a another genuine audi fob sealed in the bag,but apparantly it's already been coded to a car. I'm lead to believe that oncea canbus transponder has been coded it cannot be recoded. can anyone tell me facts. thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 11, 2012]
    If its coded to another car then no, when I had my B6, I got 2 newer style B7 keys which apparently had new transponders inside & these coded fine, now my 8P newer style keys with new transponders didnt work, so there is definitely a difference in immo versions imho, 8P keys have to be partially coded by germany, then dealer does the rest, so I think maybe if you had new transponders, you could try, but of course if it fails then its a cost, hence why maybe a new one from audi is better.
  4. Khanage

Khanage Member

[Apr 12, 2012]
    On a similar topic, I have a brand new key from Audi that needs coding. Do I have to get the dealer to code it or can it be coded to my car elsewhere? i.e. anyone with a VCDS?
  5. NHN

[Apr 12, 2012]
    If you got it from audi, why didnt they offer or you get them to code it, find that a little strange tbh mate.
  6. Khanage

Khanage Member

[Apr 12, 2012]
    Because I have a local key cutter who said he could do it for half the price. Turns out he couldn't lol
  7. NHN

[Apr 12, 2012]
    Problem is most keycutters use copying machines, not coding devices, they dont actually add another key, as in key 1, 2 & 3, so if you had 2 keys in the car that according to the car are known as say key 2, it may get confused a little, who knows, but I tried to get newer style keys done for my missus temp cmax using same immo type chips, wouldnt work even if I was disposing of the originals, thus I suspect the machine they used cant copy/code the encryption etc.
  8. roblane65

roblane65 Member

[Apr 12, 2012]
    thanks for that will probably try to clarify the exact condition of the key.My local dealer wants £130 for the £40 to code it + vat !!!!!.