1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi racing a diesel at Le Mans next year!!!

tubtub Dec 13, 2005

1. tubtub

tubtub Member

Yup, it's true - do a Google for Audi R10.
    Looks like I'll be heading for La Sarthe next June /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

2. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

will they manage to make an engine that doesn't sounds like a bag of spanners then... I wonder... well I'll be there watching (drinking) to find out!

3. auroan

auroan Active Member

4. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

650BHP from a TDI !!! & a fantastic looking engine.

I think a small bet may be in order

5. dummi

dummi smoking a6

cheers, all they had to say was 5.5 litre v12 biturbo, that will be one to watch for keep it up audi

6. auroan

auroan Active Member

I get a feeling with 1100 newtom metres of torque there gonna go through transmission like santa goes through mince pies.

Still would love to see all those petrol based cars get the **** handed to them by a diesel !!!!

7. god_thats_quick

can I see the gearbox from the veryon being used for something... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

8. dummi

dummi smoking a6

[ QUOTE ]
    can I see the gearbox from the veryon being used for something... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good point

9. god_thats_quick

will be funny to see a "mere diesel" over take all the porsche's / ferrari's and spykers etc. next year though!

10. tubtub

tubtub Member

It's more likely to win on economy being able to go further between pit stops - like wot I does in my TDI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. kilcoo316

kilcoo316 New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It's more likely to win on economy being able to go further between pit stops - like wot I does in my TDI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, I've heard Audi expects it to stretch to 25 laps between pitstops instead of 17 for petrol based engines.

Should give about 4 laps in the 24 hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    will be funny to see a "mere diesel" over take all the porsche's / ferrari's and spykers etc. next year though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mere diesel indeed, just u watch.

13. god_thats_quick

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mere diesel indeed, just u watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan too with lots and lots of beer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

ps... it doesn't sound like an oil burner from what I've heard, until they're turning it off anyway.

14. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Their is a write up about it in this months Evo. Its a good read. The car sounds awesome, if it matches up on the track it will surely carry on the domination where the R8 left off.

15. owdgit

owdgit Member