1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Q7 New car Prep Detail

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by JayPlay, Jan 3, 2009.

1. JayPlay

JayPlay New Member

[Jan 3, 2009]
    This was done at a Audi Dealership, they was instructed not to touch the vehicle apart from usual PDI so was expecting vehicle to still have transport wraps still intacted. However it wasnt and upon first setting my eyes on it it was very noticable the paint work was dreadful with every panel suffering with RDS and scuffs. Looking at the condition you would of thought that it had done more than the 20 miles that was showing on the clock.

Wash
    - pre soak with Power Max 3, rinsed and foamed again
    - wheels cleaned with P21S Wheel Gel
    - washed with TBM using Shampoo Plus and Lambswool washmitt
    - clayed with Sonus Green which did remove some contaminants

After trying several combos I found menz 3.02 on a black waffle pad was giving me excellent results , however for some of the deeper marks/ scratches i had to step up to Megs Cutting pad and 3m Fast Cut Plus...LSP was swissvax Divine

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some finished shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Toxic

Toxic Member

[Jan 3, 2009]
    wow some excellent results there. can't believe the state of the so called "new" car though.
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jan 5, 2009]
    Great work as usual, still struggle to comprehend how dealers get new cars into these states prior to handover. The mind boggles! :w00t:
  5. axelfols

axelfols Member

[Jan 6, 2009]
    Can someone tell me how new cars from a dealer end up like this? I'm only asking as my father is considering a brand new car and it would be good to know what to look out for. Surely the damage shown above is not from delivery mileage alone?
  6. JayPlay

JayPlay New Member

[Jan 6, 2009]
    damage can happen during transportation from factory to dealership. Even whilst sitting at docks exterior surfaces are subjected to contaminants such as bird droppings that will easily etch the paint

Some damage can be done at dealership aswell during PDI check and whilst moving the vehicle around showroom or by letting there valeters give it a quick wash with a sponge and use a water blade to dry it.