Audi Q7 Glove Box Slot For AMI

arv_ass

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just recently bought my first Audi car and loving it. I am looking at options to install the AMI with the iPod connector.

In my glove box, there is no slot for a cd changer/AMI - there is the Air Bag switch to the right, but only empty space to the left with no shelf or slots for what I need to install.

Are there any suggestions as to what options will be available for a neat installation? Do I need a new glove box? Or are there any other options available?

Many thanks,

Arvi.

Try looking under the arm rest as on earlier versions there was often an ami fitted there.

Try looking under the arm rest as on earlier versions there was often an ami fitted there.

I have a CD changer under the arm rest, but I am going to install the AMI - looking at installing it in the glove box. Should I buy a new Q7 glove box that comes with slots to accommodate the AMI? Or get a custom install done? Or does anyone have any other solutions for a neat and tidy install?

Welcome to the site Arvi.

We've fitted ami to cars without a new glovebox, modified existing.

Thank you.

Where are you guys based? I'd be interested in having that work done.

Do you still want the CD-Changer, if not then it's plug and play, all you need to do is remove the cd-changer unplug the MOST & power cable and plug them into the AMI module, job done. To remove the cd-changer you just need these keys Radio removal 4 keys.Audi VW Skoda RNS-E MFD 0142 | eBay

I still want the CD changer, so I will keep that under the arm rest. I need a custom job done on the AMI installation for the glove box or I need help to find an alternative glove box or a housing unit to install in the glove box as it is.

I have a stock CD-changer in the middle console. Can I replace it with AMI?

Or could you share other options to connect any mp3 (usb or sd card) player to the MMI system? I'm done recording CDs already.

Many thanks.

Hi Guys, I am in a similar boat. I just bought a 2007 Q7 yesterday and realized there is no AMI port anywhere. I have that annoying phone prep kit in the centre console which I find to be useless, could I replace that with an AMI port?

Hi, I have q7 2007 with Bluetooth phone kit and DVD changer in the boot.
My car has Media button and wondering how can I add iPhone6 AMI or Bluetooth kit for media.

Thanks

Dear all
i have the same problem in my Audi Q7 2012 model. Any solutions