Audi Phone Box

cbotved

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

Trying to understand it right, before my car arrives...

There are to outlets in the phone box, 1 x USB for charging and 1 x connection to the car (as I understand it)

Will the phone charge in the non-USB outlet?
- or do I really need to have two cables with me, and switch between the two during a day on the road?!

Hi,

There are to outlets in the phone box, 1 x USB for charging and 1 x connection to the car (as I understand it)

- or do I really need to have two cables with me, and switch between the two during a day on the road?!

Did you get any optional extra because on standard you only get an AMI connection, the USB is only for Tech pack I believe.

You need to get an Audi AMI connection to connect to your phone MicroUSB/iPhone

USB is for Connect and Phone Box, doesn't come with the standard tech pack. As far as I'm aware though the phone will charge from the AMI connection too.

Hi,

Both outlets will charge your phone so you can leave it plugged into the AMI if you want to use it as a music source etc. I've never had the need to use the USB port yet. I have found that phone box does increase my phone signal by a couple of bars in poor reception areas but tbh it is one of the more underwhelming options that I specced.

I think the USB port will charge at a higher rate than the AMI