Audi part numbers

B5 BIKER

Reaction score
I'm looking to order a new clutch kit for my car and want to have the correct Audi part number to ensure comparability.
its a 2003 a6 2 wheel drive with 2.5 tdi engine
engine code is BFC, gearbox code is FRF
can anyone help

Thanks very much :)
Excuse my inexperience with this, but am I right in thinking that to order the kit I use the part number 12A

I imagine so yes, I've never bought a clutch myself. I'm sure the parts place can advise.

Rang my local audi dealer today to get a price but that part number is for a 2.7tdi
They gave me the correct number and quoted me 290 euros on exchange for the old clutch
They were trying to insist that I will need a new flywheel at 480 euros, but I think I'll wait till I see it first

That's why I'm always reluctant to give part numbers, the page before that stated 2.5/2.7TDi with 6 speed manual gearbox (hence my earlier question).. I didn't even know they did a C5 with the 2.7 engine.

When the clutch was changed on my 2.5q A4 at 128k (one of its many engines..) the flywheel was fine. Clutch was only done because the engine was out.

That's no problem, I appreciate your effort.
Good to hear that hopefully the flywheel might be ok

The flywheel is a dual mass flywheel & sods law dictates if you don't change it whilst everything is apart it WILL fail very soon after. I'd recommend changing it if you are keeping the car!

Andy....

The flywheel is a dual mass flywheel & sods law dictates if you don't change it whilst everything is apart it WILL fail very soon after. I'd recommend changing it if you are keeping the car!

Andy....

I know, but easier said than done.
Gearbox rebuild-600
Clutch-290
Labour-250
Flywheel-500!!!!