1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi noob advice

ayrshire Sep 4, 2006

1. ayrshire

ayrshire New Member

Hi, new job means new car , always fancied and Audi A3 and really like the Diesels as mpg is important to me. I have circa 10k budget.... in short whats my best A3 for that budget?, sorry to be a pain guys & thanks:)

2. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

No one is a noob on here !
    Dont think your being a pain in asking questions, its what the site is intended for !
    However, you may be better off making a post in the A3 sections of the site, as you'll probably get quicker and more replies.

Oh, almost forgot, WELCOME !

3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I'd say you'll be looking at an older 8L for 10k so might be best asking there, I'd guess that's a pretty late 1.9TDi can be had for that money... yep something like this...

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/94659.htm

4. ayrshire

ayrshire New Member

thanks, I thought I had posted in the correct section (?):confused:

5. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

DOH !
    You did, I saw the title and thought it was in the Welcome section, call myself an admin tsk tsk tsk

6. ayrshire

ayrshire New Member

lol, thanks for the replies guys, you reckon its *impossible* to get a new shape for circa 10k? (pref 2.0 TDI 140 SE) even a private sale? (apologies if i`m being totally outrageous here)

valuations from a well known site seem to suggest maybe(?)

Audi A3 (03-) Hatchback 2.0 TDI 140 SE 3dr
    Hatchback 3dr
    2003-53 Mileage 50,000

Dealer £10,845
    Private £9,895
    Part Ex £9,545
    Cost New £19,800

1968 138 24/19000 11 Diesel 50.4mpg

7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

There is a few on Auto trader, highish mileage from 9.5K for 2.00tdi 140 sports. Any good?

8. ayrshire

ayrshire New Member

yeah thats where the valuations came from, not exactly clear about the different models of the diesels, I think i am correct in saying some variants have substantially better mpg?

thanks a lot for the replies guys

if the A3 is too expensive i may have to go for Golf TDI

now i need to sell my <cough>Yaris </cough>.........:blush:

9. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Mine is a 53-plate 2.0TDI SE and will have done about 50k miles in December when it is replaced.

It might be worth checking out the auctions as quite a few 03/53-platers that were company cars like mine will be getting dumped on the auctions by the lease companies around now.

10. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

That's what i did, just wish i'd waited for more second hand sportback TDI's to hit the market. Go for the A3.:eyebrows:

11. ayrshire

ayrshire New Member

cheers guys, A3 is def my preferred option, just need to keep my eyes open for the right deal