1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Navigation

macattax Oct 9, 2006

1. macattax

macattax Member

Hi,
    I was wondering has anyone here fitted an Audi sat nav into the dash which originally had the standard radio.
    On my dash I have the concert with tape deck and 6 cd changer in the boot.
    My main concern is after looking at some audi sat navs on the net is that they look quite big. Even if I removed the radio I am not sure if it will fit because of the aircon controls below it and hazard and fog light panel above it.
    Any help or suggestions about this? :think:

2. Sayre

Sayre Member

you would have more luck in I.C.E Forum

3. macattax

macattax Member

Cheers!
    But because there is an issue with b5 a4s when fitting aftermarket nav + systems to replace concert head units.
    I thought I would ask in the b5 section to see if anyone here with a B5 had done this.
    Basically I want a step by step guide of what had to be done.

4. Spacekid

Spacekid New Member

I just had Retro fitted to my Brand New RS4 Sat/Nav System from www.satnavsystems.com.
    These guys are very quick and professional. I just had new system fitted within 48 hours for £1199 plus VAT. A qualified Audi engineer come to my house installed, programmed and coded everything to factory spec. with latest VAS-5053 Original Audi Diagnostic Tool.
    This guys are not the cheapest, but they are the only in the UK who offer a full 12 months warranty on parts and labor with qualified Audi engineer. I have done a research for almost a month before I found SatNav System.com -in the end my local Audi Dealer has recommended me to them.
    I have spent almost £60k on my car and did not want some cowboy’s to damage my beauty!!
    My full recommendation to all of you!!!
    RS4 - Sapcekid

5. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Thats strange because I offer a 12 month warranty as well with my installations and I only charge £899 for the same car as yours. I also regularly do installs for my local dealerships.

www.tclsatnav.com

Unfortunately the B5 with a concert would be a different kettle of fish.

6. shineydave

shineydave Member

I would recommend Craig to anyone, he's by far the UK expert in these systems.

7. shineydave

shineydave Member