audi navigation system plus (RNS-E)

tomos8304

Reaction score
ive got this system in my car can i just take my iphone 5 with me and play the songs from the phone and make them come out of the speakers? im a bit dull really not used too all this technology.

No, not unless you have the mk2 rns-e with ami/adapter or auxin.

If you have mk2 rns but no ami, then I can fit it for you.

thats all weve got is a head unit witch looks like a small tv its got sat nav and there is a multi change cd in the glove box but no ipod connection its a 2007 3.2 v6 convertable tne new shape one thanks

Has it got a cd/tv button or media button?

Probably a mk1 rns tbh if original unit from factory of that year.

its got a cd/tv button on it it also opens up and there is two slots for sd cards behind it. btw ive got a iphone 5 i dont know if that makes any difference

Thats the older version, you would need a mk2 rns with ami for iphone 5 plugin if you want track/artist/album info on screen with control via head unit.

sorry too sound thick but does that mean i need a new stereo in the car for it all too work properly?

You can fit a Dension GW100 for a fraction of the cost, it will work with your current HU and although you lose the 6CD changer you probably don't need that with an Iphone. The GW100 also works with the Iphone 5 and lightning adaptor. You won't get track names on the nav unit, but you will get them on the DIS and allow you to fully browse your Ipod/Iphone from the steering wheel and stereo controls.