1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Navigation Plus System Install

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by N.Singh, Jan 23, 2012.

1. N.Singh

N.Singh Member

As Most Of You Properly Know Better Then I Do With Regards To The Audi Systems.

I Have Purchased A Audi Navigation Plus Head unit For The Car Which Was Taken From A 2006 Sports back A3....It Does Come With The Code,

- However Will This Be A Straight Fit - Would I Need Anything Additionally?

- In Terms Of Sound Quality, Would It Be Any Different From The Audi Concert?

- And I Have a 6 CD Changer, Will This Work With The New Head Unit?

- Lastly, Would I Be Able To Connect My iPhone 4 To It To Stream Music Etc? Or Would It Just Be For Receiving And Making Calls Etc?

Sorry For So Many Questions, Jus Would Rather Be Safe Then Sorry.

Prod Spec: 4b0 035192
  2. N.Singh

N.Singh Member

Anyoneee?
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What car do you have ?
  4. N.Singh

N.Singh Member

Audi A3 - 2007 (57) Special Edition Mate
  5. MattyW19

MattyW19 Member

If your car is the double din version then yes it will be a straight swap. The 6 CD changer works like an iPod dock, so I would of thought so yes. I have upgraded from the Audi Concert and there isn't any difference in quality of sound, however I don't think the radio reception is quite as good in poor signal areas.

Attaching your iPhone 4 would require bluetooth I think, which can cost hundreds to add on top of the additional RNSE unit. Oh and just to add about the coding, I haven't had mine coded - But you are advised to, as my AUX no longer works thats all.

Hope this helps!
  6. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

as above it will be a straight swap as you should already have the quadlock connectors, if you have bose then you will need to move over a pin at the back (b5 goes to b7) to get that working

iphone will require bluetooth kit to be installed, and even if it were installed it would not stream music as the system does not support a2dp

there is alot that needs to be coded in to get the rnse working correctly with the car.
  7. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

That would be because your antenna system needs adapting to support the rns-e diversity antenna system & no the bluetooth phone kit from audi doesnt support streaming, however read below :)

The only way you can get streaming is by installing a mk2 rns, ami kit & utilise the audi bluetooth streaming adapter that is seperate to the bluetooth phone kit.
  8. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

TBH i have had two RNSE, one retro fit, one factory fit and the radio reception is bad, compared to my old symphony unit which was superb. I wouldnt recommend it unless yo want the sat nav.
  9. NHN

Really, as I've had same as you mate symphony then rns & I havnt had any issues with reception with the correct antenna system fitted.
  10. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

I'm not in a good area at the foot of the North downs but then it was the same for the symphony. The 3.2 was 04 so the aerial should have been ok but the S3 is Audi fit.
  11. NHN

Yeah its like driving on the A27 between Falmer & the top end Lewes roundabout, complete dead spot there for few miles, then again it is a valley of sorts I guess.
  12. Lewbo

Lewbo Active Member

i am wanting to retro fit rns-e myself, i currenty have double din concert, i have bose and have the shark fin, ipod dock and aux in, i know the rns-e is straight fit but what need to be done to code it in, also do i need to have another antenna for the nav or will my fin act as that. and do i need to buy and adapter for the bose to work. i am after mkII rnse, my old car had rns-e and miss it so much all help appreciate thanks.