Audi Navigation Plus System Install

N.Singh

Reaction score
As Most Of You Properly Know Better Then I Do With Regards To The Audi Systems.

I Have Purchased A Audi Navigation Plus Head unit For The Car Which Was Taken From A 2006 Sports back A3....It Does Come With The Code,

- However Will This Be A Straight Fit - Would I Need Anything Additionally?

- In Terms Of Sound Quality, Would It Be Any Different From The Audi Concert?

- And I Have a 6 CD Changer, Will This Work With The New Head Unit?

- Lastly, Would I Be Able To Connect My iPhone 4 To It To Stream Music Etc? Or Would It Just Be For Receiving And Making Calls Etc?

Sorry For So Many Questions, Jus Would Rather Be Safe Then Sorry.

Prod Spec: 4b0 035192

As Most Of You Properly Know Better Then I Do With Regards To The Audi Systems.

I Have Purchased A Audi Navigation Plus Head unit For The Car Which Was Taken From A 2006 Sports back A3....It Does Come With The Code,

- However Will This Be A Straight Fit - Would I Need Anything Additionally?

- And I Have a 6 CD Changer, Will This Work With The New Head Unit?

- Lastly, Would I Be Able To Connect My iPhone 4 To It To Stream Music Etc? Or Would It Just Be For Receiving And Making Calls Etc?

Sorry For So Many Questions, Jus Would Rather Be Safe Then Sorry.

Prod Spec: 4b0 035192

If your car is the double din version then yes it will be a straight swap. The 6 CD changer works like an iPod dock, so I would of thought so yes. I have upgraded from the Audi Concert and there isn't any difference in quality of sound, however I don't think the radio reception is quite as good in poor signal areas.

Attaching your iPhone 4 would require bluetooth I think, which can cost hundreds to add on top of the additional RNSE unit. Oh and just to add about the coding, I haven't had mine coded - But you are advised to, as my AUX no longer works thats all.

Hope this helps!

as above it will be a straight swap as you should already have the quadlock connectors, if you have bose then you will need to move over a pin at the back (b5 goes to b7) to get that working

iphone will require bluetooth kit to be installed, and even if it were installed it would not stream music as the system does not support a2dp

there is alot that needs to be coded in to get the rnse working correctly with the car.

I don't think the radio reception is quite as good in poor signal areas.

Attaching your iPhone 4 would require bluetooth I think, But you are advised to, as my AUX no longer works thats all

That would be because your antenna system needs adapting to support the rns-e diversity antenna system & no the bluetooth phone kit from audi doesnt support streaming, however read below :)

iphone will require bluetooth kit to be installed, and even if it were installed it would not stream music as the system does not support a2dp

The only way you can get streaming is by installing a mk2 rns, ami kit & utilise the audi bluetooth streaming adapter that is seperate to the bluetooth phone kit.

-

TBH i have had two RNSE, one retro fit, one factory fit and the radio reception is bad, compared to my old symphony unit which was superb. I wouldnt recommend it unless yo want the sat nav.

TBH i have had two RNSE, one retro fit, one factory fit and the radio reception is bad, compared to my old symphony unit which was superb.

Really, as I've had same as you mate symphony then rns & I havnt had any issues with reception with the correct antenna system fitted.

I'm not in a good area at the foot of the North downs but then it was the same for the symphony. The 3.2 was 04 so the aerial should have been ok but the S3 is Audi fit.

Yeah its like driving on the A27 between Falmer & the top end Lewes roundabout, complete dead spot there for few miles, then again it is a valley of sorts I guess.

i am wanting to retro fit rns-e myself, i currenty have double din concert, i have bose and have the shark fin, ipod dock and aux in, i know the rns-e is straight fit but what need to be done to code it in, also do i need to have another antenna for the nav or will my fin act as that. and do i need to buy and adapter for the bose to work. i am after mkII rnse, my old car had rns-e and miss it so much all help appreciate thanks.

I have a audi a3 sline TDI and want to change my standard head unit.. i have a dvd sat nav and have bought a adapter which comes with a loose red and yellow wire. I think some how they need conecting as wen I have plugged it all in there is no power. Help please.

Hi
have a audi a3 sline TDI and want to change my standard head unit.. i have a dvd sat nav and have bought a adapter which comes with a loose red and yellow wire. I think some how they need conecting as wen I have plugged it all in there is no power. Help please.

14 minutes ago

In the red and yellow wires will you be permanent live and switched live so you need to wire them directly into the fuse box to get it to turn on the DVD player

The feed to the audi head unit is/are (year/head unit dependent if more than one) permanently live/s anyway, so he doesn't need to go to the fuse box as the head unit uses canbus signals to turn on/off via key, proof is you can manually turn the head unit on when the car has the key out.

Usually as above, aftermarket units have perm/switched, the standard practise is to just connect both wires together & this will do the trick, however, it would help if you advised us which head unit it is your fitting, incase the info we provide isn't viable.

The permanant wire is there to store settings in the Nav when the ignition is off, wiring them together would be useless.
As there is no power to the unit I would suggest wiring into the fuse box or getting a better adapter kit such as a connects2 units