1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUDI NAV PLUS ??????

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jamhot, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jamhot

jamhot Member

Does any one know if this will go stright in as a replacment for the original audi chorus ? and work normal. ie, the nav system. also would u get a better sound quality from this unit... also looking to buy if so ! IS ANY ONE SELLING ONE ??????? CHEERS GUYS
  2. FOX1980

FOX1980 Foxy

Hi it will go straight in if your car has the quadlock plug and a double din cage, you will need an adaptor if not, also if you have bose you may need to swap a wire around. You will also need coding with vcds. I did mine though and it is easy. someone will clarify this shortly.
  3. jamhot

jamhot Member

any one selling one of these.... not got bose fox ! any more advice ????
  4. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

How old is your A3? Anything later than 2007, it is recommended you upgrade the Aerial units in the boot. Like Fox says, get it coded with VCDS otherwise you may run into problems at a later date as your car computer will be bringing up errors. If you want it done properly speak to NHN on here, he fitted mine last week and did an exceptional job, see this thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/160065-big-thanks-nhn-nigel.html

He can supply the Nav unit too.
  5. jamhot

jamhot Member

its 2009 m8 !
  6. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

Same as mine then mate. You could leave it as it is but you'll probably suffer with poor radio reception in certain areas. PM NHN if you want it done properly and don't want problems with it further on down the line.:)
  7. jamhot

jamhot Member

how much did it cost A3 KENT ? i take it u got the head unit and disc changer ? have you got a number for this nhn guy ? cheers
  8. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

As much as i'd like to help you out further, it's against the forum rules to give costs of things, sorry. Your best bet is to Private Message NHN (Nigel) and he'll get back to you mate.

NHN supplied the head unit (RNS-E) and the AMI which means I can plug my iPod in and have the proper track information up on the head unit and on the DIS. I don't have (or want) a disc changer.

It's not cheap but it's worth doing properly IMHO. When I say it's not cheap, it is if you compare it with how much Audi would sell you the parts for! Around £5000 for the RNS-E (nav unit) alone.
  9. FOX1980

FOX1980 Foxy

As A3Kent said you will get an error on vcds showing short to ground on the antenna in the boot, there is a thread regarding the issue and how to solve it, as stated nigel (NHN) is the best to ask. I still have the errors on mine and it doesnt really affect reception but others how found it does quite badly.