1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi / MTM remap for S3...?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Amos, May 23, 2011.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

I have read on the forum, about being able to remap my S3 at Audi with a MTM map etc...

Does anone have any info on this etc, or had it done.....?

Cheers
  2. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I had one back in 2007. £1000 inc VAT.

I now have Revo Stage 2+.

It was fine per say, but didn't really give me what I was after considering it's cost. Lasted 3 months before I had it superceded.
  3. Amos

Amos New Member

Anyone else, got any thoughts on it etc...
  4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

Just wondering why you're interested specifically in MTM...

I chose Revo for mine,and have been very happy with the product and the backup and advice as well.
  5. Cheese

Cheese Member

I have mine booked in for an ABT remap in two weeks time. It is the most expensive option, but it comes with a favourable warranty and is being done at an Audi dealership. Because my car is only a year old and ABT will honour the manufacturer's warranty for a further 2 years I am willing to pay the premium.

Bath Audi have a demo S3 with the remap so you can test drive before you decide to go for it.
  6. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

MTM map is £1000?? Why??

Revo is expensive enough but it is tried and tested - go with Revo IMO!
  7. Cheese

Cheese Member

It is £850. I think it is because of the TUV certification in part which seems to be a requirement for companies based in the EU. They will no doubt argue that more money goes in to R&D, but it is difficult to know whether it does or if they are just trading on marketing/reputation. Unfortunately there seems to be very little in the way of technical documentation from any of these companies.
  8. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

My friend is an Audi tech at Lomond Audi in Glasgow and they are an approved MTM agent.

The reason the MTM map is so expensive is that its a one time payment meaning if you map it then add further modifications such as an exhaust etc the subsequent remaps are then free.

Just thought that may help clarify !

Cheers
    Steve
  9. SamA3

SamA3 Member

Go with revo, I had mine done yesterday and it is amazing absolutely love it! Plus they have a special offer on at the minute where you get 10% off and a free sps (serial port switch) which is very good for turning the map on and off and also different performance levels thats worth £150 or something so a very good deal!

Revo | Welcome to Revo