Audi MOT Protection

Sim_88

Neutral
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has taken their car to Audi dealers for MOT?

Mine is due at the end of the month and I'm tempted because Audi have a £750 guarantee for any work that needs to be done if it fails...

Has anybody used this service before or am I better off taking it to an independent?

MOT Protection < Maintaining your Audi < Owners area < Audi UK

Thanks in advance

I've just recently had mine done by Audi as my car was in for an A/C service.

I think the protection is only on your next MOT providing you take it back to Audi. It's obviously just a way of getting more business rather than going to an independent, but that amount of cover on an older car could be worth it (mine is now 6 years old) I asked what a normal MOT would cost without the protection warranty and they quoted me £5 more!

Yeah I'm pretty sure you have to be militant about having your car serviced at audi and at the correct intervals. But if you have done this then it's a bit of a no brainer surely?

Oh I see, I was under the impression that it covered any work that needed to be done on this MOT too.

If that's the case I don't think I'll bother, I will get it serviced in line with the correct intervals but I won't be going to Audi for that as I don't want to pay an arm and leg so they'd probably use that as an excuse not to provide the warranty next year.