1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi MOT Protection

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sim_88, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Sim_88

Sim_88 Neutral

Just wondering if anybody has taken their car to Audi dealers for MOT?

Mine is due at the end of the month and I'm tempted because Audi have a £750 guarantee for any work that needs to be done if it fails...

Has anybody used this service before or am I better off taking it to an independent?

MOT Protection < Maintaining your Audi < Owners area < Audi UK

Thanks in advance
  2. chrisb72

chrisb72 Member

I've just recently had mine done by Audi as my car was in for an A/C service.

I think the protection is only on your next MOT providing you take it back to Audi. It's obviously just a way of getting more business rather than going to an independent, but that amount of cover on an older car could be worth it (mine is now 6 years old) I asked what a normal MOT would cost without the protection warranty and they quoted me £5 more!
  3. Mark S

Mark S Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure you have to be militant about having your car serviced at audi and at the correct intervals. But if you have done this then it's a bit of a no brainer surely?
  4. Sim_88

Sim_88 Neutral

Oh I see, I was under the impression that it covered any work that needed to be done on this MOT too.

If that's the case I don't think I'll bother, I will get it serviced in line with the correct intervals but I won't be going to Audi for that as I don't want to pay an arm and leg so they'd probably use that as an excuse not to provide the warranty next year.