Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys,

I have Audi MMI in my S3 and really want RNS-E

I may have the possibility to trade plus cash his way but I am unsure how much this unit is worth 2nd hand.

I cannot access ebay during work hours :(

How much extra is the Audi MMI to upgrade to compared to the RNS-E?

Thanks

MMI is £635 optional extra

RNS-E is £1615 optional extra

RNS-E goes for around £400-500 second hand so would you sell the MMI for around £200 or less???

As you cant access the ebay just thought i might do a screen dump of one the auctions .. £255.18 6 hours and 28 mins to end.

mmi1.jpg

MM2.jpg

It says MMI in the pics but he is selling as RNS-E in description.
This is a RNS-E Nav system one of the greates navigation units on the market. In a good technical and optical condition as you can see on the pictures. This unit is absolutely ready for installation. It is 100% perfectly working, if not I will refund you. Im not selling only the nav system without any equipment like many people do in ebay... this unit is absolutely ready for installation coming with everything you need.
Takes 5 minutes to fit (like plug and play). Just replace your current radio system with this unit and connect the gps antenna which is including in delivery.

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 6,5"- TFT Display (16:9) [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 3D- Map view and Split-Screen-Function[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dynamic route guidance [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Goal input over map with cursor or coordinate announcement,[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Route announcement in perspective map display[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Announcement of up to three routes in the single goal mode[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] With the choice, a repress of chart of road (zoom) or indication of direction[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Option of road to the choice: road short, fast, to avoid motorways, etc.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Indication of the special objectives like Airport, [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hotels, Gas station, etc (Points of Interest, POI's)[/FONT]​
  • DVD- drive (for Navigation DVD, audio CDs andMP3-CDs)
  • Radio with AM/FM/XM/Sirius
  • MP3-Playing by two integrated memory card readers (SD, MMC Cards) TV and videotex receipt (optional)
  • Possibility of connection for: mobile, amplifier, TV-tuner, DVD/VIDEO-player, Playstation etc. (optional)

Sal

Last edited:
Who told you it was called MMI Boydie? It's just called Navigation as per the label on the front. Then the RNS-E is called Navigation plus.

MMI is what's fitted to all the other Audi models where you can also change options to do withy the car from the same interface.

Aha yeah that comes up on RNS-Es too. I looked into this as I wasn't sure and apparently the Nav and Nav+ use the MMI control system but they're not actually MMI.

Do it! No idea what the Nav would go for. They're pretty rare I think. Maybe half the price of RNS-E?

I think quite a few have without problem mate.

Try a search for Lithuania lol

Boydie, thats where i got mine, no probs at all mate, arrived well packed and quick too.

There's an option to search "completed listings" in ebay. Left hand side a way down under "Preferences".

I just has mine installed today and coded etc for £ 595.00 http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/
3 month warranty. There is also i guy i met that is always on this forum that will do it for £ 799 with 2 year warranty. new versus refurb i guess. I went to bradford to have it put in i know it is quite strait forward , but needed it coding etc. And for piece of mind wanted some kind of warranty.

boydie,
i paid £400 all in mate and yes i had to code it.
although some sellers, if you contact them and tell them what code you need they code it for you before they send it out, dont know if this guy does as i have vagcom so didnt ask him, but worth asking him mate.
bare in mind that mine is an a4 and they dont seem to fetch as much as the ones for the a3's.

Cheers mate - think I am going to go for one that is sold locally in ireland but will have to check the funds this month - revo next month definately though!!