AUDI MEET PLEASE READ.

nickaudi41

Reaction score
I have been talking to a few members and I think due to their being lots of bikers at Box Hill during the summer, this venue for the meet is not suitable. However, with the help of Simon there is a great venue who are happy to have us at a great loaction not far from Box Hill.

Check out the link below for the venue.

http://forums.surreyscoobies.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=14696

I have spoken with the manager today and he has confirmed that we can use it for the same date Sunday 1st July. I will post the link for the maps below. So all I need now is feedback from you people.

I think this is the best venue so far and it also works well for meeting at Newlands Corner first and going off in convoy to the main venue.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Drove+Rd,+Guildford,+Surrey,+ GU4+8&daddr=Guildford,+KT11+2BU&sll=30.297018,56.7 77344&sspn=70.62923,163.476563&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

Please don't be put out by the move, it's not difficult to find and we now have a venue that has a great amount of space, so let s pull out all the stops and get as many there as we can please.

We are looking to get to Newlands Corner for the first meeting place at 11.00. Then to move off to get to the Pub for 11.30.

Thanks very much for everyones' input so far it's much apreciated.

SATNAV user information:

First meet point:

Drove Road,
Guilford,
Surrey

Sorry no postcode.

Second meet point:

The Fairmile Arms,
Portsmouth Rd,
Cobham,
Surrey,
KT11 1BW

nickelvery@hotmail.com

I realise you're trying to drum up interest in this meet but do we really need 12 identical posts?

yes good idea to post in every forum. everyone should do that and the general chat forum can be deleted.

i don't know about everyone else but the way I use this, and many other forums, is to click the 'New Posts' link. I then see new posts in every forum section and can quickly check them out. When duplicate posts are made in several (or all) forums then I see the same post over and over again. Not a massive problem but just thought I'd air my views.

If I was interested in a meet I would look in the relevant forum. I completely understand that creating a new post in every forum will increase views, but the reason a site is split into sections is so that users can narrow down the posts they are interested in. Also a problem with creating identical posts in different section means that replies also apear in different sections making it even harder to track whats going on.

Another pet hate of mine is when someone goes down the list of posts in the welcome section and replies to them all. If you are like me, and you use the 'New Posts' link, then you can get pages and pages of posts from a single user simply saying welcome.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'm not normally like this but the hot weather makes me irritable. I'm sure I'll get over it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends

marms said:
Another pet hate of mine is when someone goes down the list of posts in the welcome section and replies to them all. If you are like me, and you use the 'New Posts' link, then you can get pages and pages of posts from a single user simply saying welcome.

You're not having a go at post whore TDI-line by any chance, lol.