Audi manchester and free servicing!!!!!!

T

T-800

Hi All,

Just thought i'd share my experience of Audi Manchester this morning, Bought a S3 from them in July financed part of the deal because in doing so it entitled you to 2 years free servicing, no brainer really!!
Had Oil change message on the DIS for a couple of days, so thought i'd book it in (after all its free right?) nope !!!!
Lady in service says they have no record of this offer applied to my vehicle, despite me asking twice while doing the deal that it was definatley included and once on handover, to which the salesman said yes when its due just ring up in the normal way and book it in.

Spoke to the salesman in question he doesn't remember saying anything about free servicing saying Audi only started that in October !!
I've bought 1 brand new S3, 1 brand new A3 and an S3 Demo car and this is the way they treat me ?!!?

Told them i won't be buying anymore from them and i'll be taking this further.

Awesome in manchester can have the business for the oil change screw Manchester Audi i did like the fact of keeping the car serviced by a main dealer, but not if they treat customers this way.
icon8.png

Terrible. If only they would realise that good customer service and being honest makes people stay loyal and keep returning. This is all main car dealers from my experiences too.

Bit late but should have got it in writing, even if it was just a quick mention on an invoice or something. Daft thing is you'd have thought they'd have at least honoured the first oil service even out benefit of the doubt and to keep your custom. An oil change to them is pennies, whatever engine (from TDI to RS models) as they're more or less all the same full synthetic oil of which they have by the barrel loads.

Bit late but should have got it in writing, even if it was just a quick mention on an invoice or something. Daft thing is you'd have thought they'd have at least honoured the first oil service even out benefit of the doubt and to keep your custom. An oil change to them is pennies, whatever engine (from TDI to RS models) as they're more or less all the same full synthetic oil of which they have by the barrel loads.

By the barrel but they charge u for individual 1 litre bottles which works out more expensive. Audi main dealers and service centres are beyond a joke.

I bought a used S3 two weeks ago and received a letter today about my free servicing plan, i didnt even know i had it so rang them too check and it seems the garage set it up for me :)

Reactions: RedDejavu
I'm fairly positive free 2yr servicing if taking out finance, was on offer since around Feb this year.
Give Audi UK a call.

Yep, I brought my car in around May time and the 2 years free servicing was available then when taking Audi Finance.

It's not something i'm keen on as they will probably do the bare minimum as they aren't making any money out of it and also neglect any potential problems in order for the 2 years to run out and then throw it on you when the 2 years is over. Cynical, but i'm sure it happens.

Yep, I brought my car in around May time and the 2 years free servicing was available then when taking Audi Finance.

It's not something i'm keen on as they will probably do the bare minimum as they aren't making any money out of it and also neglect any potential problems in order for the 2 years to run out and then throw it on you when the 2 years is over. Cynical, but i'm sure it happens.

The dealership does make money. Audi UK pay them so thats not an issue, and if anything they will pick up up more potential problems so they can make even more money, as you might not take it to them after the two years?

Update

After complaining to the sales manager they have offered to "absorb"" the cost of the first service, however that's it no more after that.
They are a joke why say something and then go back on it ? 2 years free servicing is one of the reasons we took the Audi finance.
Rang Audi uk and they just say its between us and the dealer !!
Still going to go somewhere else as I don't want a half ***** service ( even if it's only an oil change ) doing on my car they are bad enough when you pay full price.

The dealership does make money. Audi UK pay them so thats not an issue, and if anything they will pick up up more potential problems so they can make even more money, as you might not take it to them after the two years?

I've seen it happen though, maybe not with Audi but with another top German brand and with my experience with one local Audi dealer I wouldn't be surprised if they were up to this trick. I guess it depends which dealership you use.

They're right cheeky when they pretend they don't know or remember you, when I picked up the car someone tore the entire boot interior so I told the sales guy I didn't put a deposit down in that condition he agreed as he inspected it with me. So he writes on a business card replace boot interior and says go into your local audi and give that - LOL!

Told him straight, money back keep the car or put that on a letter head, even after getting that the local dealer was arguing and replaced only parts of it!

Surprised you don't have any documentation about that offer...

By the barrel but they charge u for individual 1 litre bottles which works out more expensive. Audi main dealers and service centres are beyond a joke.

Yes in a normal case, but this is where he's trying to get free servicing which to the dealer costs them hardly anything.

Another update: Audi Manchester head sales manager rang me, asked what they could do to repair the relationship between us !
Told him "give me the 2 years free servicing like you promised" to which he agreed, he also said he would be speaking to the sales guy we bought the car from, as this isn't what Manchester Audi "are about"
So its a result, in a way really, fighting to get something that was part of the deal when we bought the car in the first place!!

I too had a bad experience with Audi Manchester!

I found Stockport to be better but even they weren't perfect....

I bought my Audi in April and had the 2 year free servicing. Went to take it up at a different franchise and it turned in to a bit of a mission. Got there in the end though.

The free servicing is claimed back by the dealer from a third party company, similar to a used car warranty, and they decide what they will and won't pay for. So they paid for oil, filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, even the brake fluid change (which surprised both me and the audi dealer themselves) but they declined to pay for the engine air filter! Apparently they only pay for the first pollen filter too, next year they won't pay for it.

Better than nothing, but as always the devil is in the detail.

update

Took car to Manchester Audi this morning for the 1st service, and true to form it was not straightforward (why did I ever think it would be?) turned up nice and early, went to book in and the young lady said "oh we can't find any record of it being booked in" so I showed her a copy of my email from the sales manager, confirming that he had booked it in.
How these clowns manage to run a dealership is beyond me !!!
after some frantic phone calls to one of the poor technicians they decided they would squeeze it in, which didn't fill me with confidence.
About an hour later all was done and I was on my way, so a result (eventually).
Feel sorry for the technicians really, I bet this goes on a lot, them being dropped in it by incompetent members of staff.

1 hour service? Bet that included the coffee breaks by the technicians too