1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Magnetic Ride

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by leogrs3, Jul 22, 2008.

1. leogrs3

leogrs3 Member

[Jul 22, 2008]
    :blackrs4:as mentioned earlier, rupping up my options list for the S3SB, can anyone give me some feedback in the Magnetic Ride option, has anyone tested it? can you really tell the difference, between sport & normal, is it worth the money to add it as an option (€2Κ).

thanks in advance..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. Metalex

Metalex Member

[Jul 22, 2008]
    I started a thread on it a few weeks ago:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=565513#post565513

The short answer is I don't think anyone has first-hand experience of it in the S3, because it's so new. Ordering it would be a gamble, considering the price.

BTW, when I started that thread, I was considering an A3 Sportback S line, but I've now changed my mind to the S3 Sportback. I won't be having magnetic ride myself, although that is primarily down to reasons of budget.
  4. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Member

[Jul 22, 2008]
    having read lots of positive reports on the Mk2 TT with AMR on the TTOC forum , I have ordered it for my S3 Sportback.
  5. klik

klik Member

[Jul 22, 2008]
    Road conditions should also be taken into consideration. Magnetic ride on the soft setting should be a bonus on bad tarmac.
    It is a 1050€ option in Germany so 2k is quite expensive.
  6. prt57

prt57 Member

[Jul 22, 2008]
    I went out in an R8 on Sunday with the magnetic dampers and on the ordinary bumpy roads the car was not harsh at town driving speeds. When we were really pressing on round the twisty bits the car cornered very flat with virtually no body roll. This best of both worlds was down to the dampers the Audi saleman said. I know it is not an S3 but the principles should be the same.

prt
  7. leogrs3

leogrs3 Member

[Jul 23, 2008]
    Thank you guys, I decided to add it as an option, i am trying to get a test drive car with Magnetic Drive, but they don't have any yet in Greece, hopefully soon, hope i like it...
  8. leogrs3

leogrs3 Member

[Jul 23, 2008]
    thanks Klik, its sucks that there is such a price difference, they taxes on buying a car here are crazy...i was checking the difference between here and Germany its amazing...i was thinking of buying the car in germany cheeper and faster delivery, but the add on taxes still raised the price to almost the same.....its crazy...and then they say...EU everywhere the same....heheh