Audi Ipod Adapter

starhannes

Reaction score
So i bought it, the only thing im happy about is the sound quality! The guy at the Audi told me that i can controll the iPod but i cant!!

Is there ANY way of using the ipod to control the songs? (without disconnecting and reconnecting it)

cheers guys!!

Sorry, no, there isn't. If the guy told you that, he was wrong. Take it back and demand a refund on the grounds that you bought it in reliance on a misrepresentation.

So i got an idea what do you guys think :hubbahubba: ;

when you pull out the ipod dock cable just the slightest bit (so that the left side of the ipod is in and the right side is out.. then you can control the IPOD and the signal is still being sent to the radio!!!

Now that leaves me to believe, that if i disconnect one of the cables that goes to the dock (the one that controls the ipod via the radio controls) then it wont lock the ipod and it will still send the audio through the speakers!!

The only issue will be that the radio controls will not work anymore.

Now im just looking for dock cables and the minidin cable so that i can make my own, experiment with the conncetions and find out which one controls the ipod so that i can leave it disconnected!

what do u guys think about this idea? :think:

Sounds like there is something wrong with the cable and you should return it and get a new one.

You can control the IPod, but the function is limited, I.E next song, next play-list, but you don't get any track information

starhannes said:
what do u guys think about this idea? :think:

It's a cr@p idea. Take this one back, like I suggested, get a refund, and then spend the money on an adapter that works the way you want it to by design.

@TDIavant: no no no the cable works, i was only talking about when i dont put it in all the way. it does work as its supposed to however :p

@jdp1962: dont be so harsh i though it was original :o.k:

What car is the Audi iPod Adaptor fitted to mate?
I had one fitted to my 06 A4 (Symphony Stereo) and have no gripes with sound quality at all. I know its not as fantastic as some ice installs but it suites me perfectly, does what I wanted, sound is great (for me) downfall, no track titles but I knew it before I bought the adaptor...so I was fully aware of this.

It sounds like a cable is faulty to me, have you had it checked out/asked Audi to replace it?