1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Insurance

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3 Sport, Jul 25, 2009.

1. A3 Sport

A3 Sport Member

[Jul 25, 2009]
    Is a named driver on an Audi Insurance policy able to drive other cars third party.. I know that most companies dont allow this.. but Im sure that it mentioned something in the paperwork about named drivers being able to drive other cars 3rd party...

:uhm:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

[Jul 25, 2009]
    I dunno mate but policies vary - I'd re-read your policy documents and make 100% sure.
  4. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

[Jul 26, 2009]
    I think most companies allow it, if you are 21 years or older. But best to check your insurance documents.
  5. jamessg1962

jamessg1962 Member

[Jul 26, 2009]
    Yes check your documents but most policies allow you to drive another car that does not belong to you or hired to you .But remember it's only third party so it does not cover the car you are driving .
  6. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Jul 26, 2009]
    I would be surprised if it covers named drivers as well as the policy holder. Remember it covers the basic legal requirement and as such is quite useless to you. you would have to be pretty desperate to drive on it.
  7. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

[Jul 26, 2009]
    from what i know from having worked in this field.

MOST insurance companies allow the POLICE HOLDER if they are OVER 21 to drive any other car upto a CERTAIN VALUE and certain ENGINE SIZE, this does NOT apply to any named drivers on that police. however if your considered to be high risk such as many driving offenses they they refuse to provide this extra cover.

however thats just in general talk, and im not saying it applys to every UK police but thats just how it usually is .

:beerchug: