Audi Hidden Secrets in Computer

chuckys3

Reaction score
I've just recently picked up my new s3 and its the best car i've had. I previously had a 99 s3 and this one is even better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did a few searches on this forum for unlocking the features on the computer in the audi trip computer. I believe this is the same for most cars these days which unlcok the full features of the computer bmw's, have the same thins and when you do a service been told that they use it to check your car out.

found this on ebay, what a cheek, asking for money for this information

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43120&item=2477850384&rd=1

Anyone know what the combination is for the S3 models.

hey that sounds cool - never heard of this before. so it's nothing to do with Vagcom? and it's child proof? (i.e. I can't break anything?) tell me tell me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif lol

This has been going around for ages. A quick search on the internet should let you find out how to do it.

From what I can remember rightly its a combination of button presses on the climate control which then lets you display various diagnostic functions on the climate display like rpm, temp of coolant etc.

Its most of which shows up on vag com but without a vag com!!

Oh and its display only, you cant adjust anyhting.

Here you go free of charge!!!

Press and hold the recirculation button. Then press the manual flow control up arrow. You should see a 1c. Press the temperature up ("+") or down ("-") buttons to select a code number. Then press the recirculation button again. The value should display. Press the temperature up or down button again to display another code.

NOTE: Air Flow Motor (V 71) and Potentiometer (G 113) are not installed in USA/Canada vehicles. Disregard values displayed for these components.

Code Displayed Value
1 System malfunction - displayed as a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), see chart below
2 Digital value of Interior Temperature Sensor, in Headliner (G 86)
3 Digital value of Interior Temperature Sensor, in Instrument Panel (G 56)
4 Digital value of Fresh Air Intake Duct Temperature Sensor (G 89)
5 Digital value of Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor (G 17), front
6 Digital value of Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor
7 Digital value of Ambient Temperature Sensor At Fresh Air Blower (G 109)
8 Digital value of Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92)
9 Delta value of Temperature Regulator Flap
10 Non-corrected specified value of Temperature Regulator Flap
11 Digital value of Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)
12 Specified value of Central Flap
13 Digital value of Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 114)
14 Specified value of Footwell/Defroster Flap
15 Digital value of Air Flow Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 113)
16 Specified value of Air Flow Flap
17 Vehicle Speed (km/h)
18 Actual Air Blower voltage (Volts)
19 Specified Fresh Air Blower voltage (Volts)
20 A/C Compressor (A/C Clutch) voltage (Volts)
21 Number of low voltage occurrences, non-transient
22 Cycle condition of A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch (F 118)
23 Cyclings of the A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch (F 118)
24 Cyclings of the switches, absolute non-fluctuating
25 Analog/Digital value, Kick-Down Switch
26 Analog/Digital value, Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Warning Light
27 Coding value
28 Engine Speed (RPM)
29 A/C Compressor speed in rpm (Equals Engine Speed x 1.28)
30 Software version
31 Display check (all segments of A/C Control Head display light up)
32 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Temperature Regulator Flap
33 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Central Flap
34 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Footwell/Defroster Flap
35 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Air Flow Map
36 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92)
37 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92), max. stop
38 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)
39 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)
40 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G114)
41 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G114)
42 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Air Flow Map Motor Potentiometer (G 113)
43 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Air Flow Map Motor Potentiometer (G 113)
44 Vehicle operation cycle counter
45 Calculated interior temperature (internal software, in digits)
46 Outside (ambient) temperature, filtered, for regulation (internal software)
47 Outside (ambient) temperature, unfiltered, (internal software, in deg C)
48 Outside (ambient) temperature, unfiltered, (in digits)
49 Malfunction counter for speedometer (vehicle speed) signal
50 Standing time (in minutes)
51 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) in deg C
52 Graphics channel 1 - A/C compressor switch-off conditions are identified by illuminated segments of the “88.8” display. See chart below.
53 Graphics channel 2 - Climate system electrical outputs are identified by illuminated segments of the “88.8” display. See chart below.
54 Control characteristics
55 Outside (ambient) temperature, in deg C or deg F depending on setting on A/C control head
56 Temperature in deg C, from Interior Temperature Sensor, in Headliner (G 86)
57 Temperature in deg C, from Interior Temperature Sensor, in Instrument Panel (G 56)
58 Temperature in deg C, from Fresh Air Intake Duct Temperature Sensor (G 89)
59 Temperature in deg C, from Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor (G 17), front
60 Temperature in deg C, from Ambient Temperature Sensor At Fresh Air Blower (G 109)
61 Software version (latest)

Not sure if it works though, never tried it!!

WOW!!!!
Has anyone tried this yet...... what happens after that? can you just return it back to normal settings (defult)?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Yeah, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, etc...

It works, some of the codes just aren't exactly where they should be e.g. 50 Standing time could be number 51, at least on my car. Or then I have a slightly differen list.

You can return back to normal whenever you want. And yes, the settings are then back to normal as you really can't change anything this way, it's read-only.

how do you return to normal afterwards ??

IIRC those codes are for the a B5 A4, but are very similar non the less.

It's definately not something that they bother running during a service, as the Bosch unit or VAG-COM would show any faults which exist so there is limited use for it.
I've used it previously for high speed runs to see what speed it registers, which was around the 250 km/h mark.

The only thing it monitors are items directly related to the climate control system, so in now way is it a diagnostic tool for the car.

Am I being totally stupid or something?? I cant get it to work on my car. All I seem to do is change the temp from oC to oF.

Any ideas what im doing wrong guys?

Cheers

Damian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just tried it and it works for me!

Is there any way it can display MPH instead of KMH?

[ QUOTE ]
Damo said:
Am I being totally stupid or something?? I cant get it to work on my car. All I seem to do is change the temp from oC to oF.

Any ideas what im doing wrong guys?

Cheers

Damian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid is maybe a bit harsh, it would seem you just have fat fingers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It would seem you are pushing the +/- buttons before pressing the manual control 'UP'arrow at the same time as holding the recirc.

This is the sequence for changing between degrees C and F.

Changing Degree Temperature Display
Press and hold the recirculation button. Then press the temperature up ("+") button to switch between degrees Celsius & Fahrenheit on the Climate Control Temperature and Instrument Panel Outside Temperature displays.

See how it differs to the diagnostic entry?

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
I just tried it and it works for me!

Is there any way it can display MPH instead of KMH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Í'm sure I've done this before and am almost certain that if you switch the CC to degrees F then you'll see MPH instead of Km/h.........I'm not 100% sure, as I can't find any documents stating this, but i'm sure it's what I've done when driving back in the UK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

vag com or diagnostic it may not be, but it's still another novelty! whoooooo whooooooo! I'm gonna give it a go this afternoon - cheers fellas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif