Audi have damaged my car!

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

You may recall on Thursday I was whinging about the prices audi were charging to do my brake pads, while it was in for service? and how they knocked £50 off?

Turns out you dont want them to do a rush job.

Look at this (sorry for the size of it!)

Front passenger side, underneath, looks like it has fallen off the fancy jack things they use to lift it..

The 'Seam' is all bent up, there's an actual hole, and its all fresh.. only noticed it while cleaning tonight.. Gutted - the car is only what, 13 months old? if this isnt sorted it would really put off any future prospective owner..

NOT HAPPY. Going to pop in to Southampton Audi tomorrow and express my feelings.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

a4below.jpg

Any comments appreciated!

May sound a stupid question, but how can you be sure it happened whilst at the garage?

That's what they'll ask you tomorrow when you go in to complain.

Kev.

Fair q - but its at the jacking point, there are fresh metal scrapes there (doesnt really show too well in the pic) and Ive only done about 90m or so since picking it up thurs pm, when they did have it jacked up to do the brake pads.. hard to believe any other scenario really, IMO..

There no 'underneath' damage, as there would be if driven over something..

So we'll see. I know its 'only' a company car, but its not the point! not much I can do if they refuse to make it good I know, but i'm still pretty fed up..

[ QUOTE ]
I know its 'only' a company car, but its not the point!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean mate, my first Audi was leased, but it was still my pride and joy.

Hope it gets sorted.

Kev.

Ouch... I have a similar thing on mine, but I only noticed it quite a while after it had been in so no chance of having a go... I certainly do not recall hitting anything at the time.

Good luck mate

Really annoying when this happens. What did they say?

Well - they were pleasant, courteous, listened carefully to all that I said, Fetched a senior technician to come and have a close look at the car..

and apparently 'it could not possibly have been caused by the ramps/jacks they use because they just have rubber pads, and the damage is purely to the plastic cover which doesnt matter anyway, but they'd be delighted to provide a 'quote' if I wanted their bodyshop to take a look at it..'

Was clearly not going to get anywhere.

Having had a closer look, they are actually right that the damage is purely to the plastic cover - none of the metalwork is bent or damaged - what doesnt show in the pic is the 'seam' which is bent right forward is actually the plastic bent not the underlying metalwork.

so got nowhere, slowly, but they were exceedingly pleasant about it, and very happy to take some more money off us..

hmmm.

Ok it might not have been the ramp or there jack that done it but it probably still was them if thats who u get to service/repair it! , just remeber audi just have a better class of idiots working for them! they probably hit it with a hammer!

hey fallmonk, nice avatar - should have looked closer at my options list and specced one of those for me.. I do believe that a quality set of Audi headlamps like those certainly add to the whole Audi experience!