Audi Handy Adapter

chew22

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've just bought a 2008 A3 S line.

It came with a Handy Adapter.

0896aef4-jpg.16990

This is a photo I found on the internet, same mount, but different head unit

I'm tempted to buy the iPhone 5 cradle for it, but they're over €120!

I have the symphony 6 CD stereo with the Bose speakers. I have no steering wheel controls for the stereo or any apparent phone connectivity. With that in mind, would this mount offer my anything other than an expensive charging dock? Does it connect up to the stereo to play music or control my phone calls at all?

Any info would be great, thanks!

Hi yer Chew

From what I can see that could be an old Nokia or other company phone or scanning dock when I was driving trucks for a living and satellite tracking had just come in, the mounting for the tracker was similar to the one in the photo but its only a guess was the car EX-fleet hire ???? or was an ex-trade in if so it was more than likely brought at Auction so would have been required by the fleet hire company to have some sort of phone holder and most car manufactures up until about 2008 to 2010 still made Nokia the number one phone supplier even though Nokia had already by that time already started going under

But I would chuck it its more than likely screwed into the centre console and I am sure that there are plenty of universal phone holders out there that do a better job than that device and would be far more useful for you

regards Simon