1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi gone This now in!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nutkin, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

Audi was breaking engine by the dozen, couldnt understand just how shitly built an Audi could be compared to my Leon, Left it doing about 18mpg, clutch was higher than cheech and chong too,so I have gone back to SEAT.

This added with tax insurance both being rediculous for the performance the car has.

So here's the new baby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a right laugh to drive and the gearbox is amazing!
  2. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

Nice choice mate, but you'll go back! :yes:
  3. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

honestly i really don't think i will, the A4 put me off so much was spending hundreds a month for little things to be fixed.

Plus by the time im done with the boca ill have a Jag/Range Rover from work
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Nice car mate & I hear yer on the audi front, its hard these days as they seem to be more unreliable than before.
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Not a fan of these, but it does looks quite good.

Which has got me thinking about replacing my 11 year old Passat, can't think of a replacement I can get which will last the next 10 years, so it's staying for now.
  6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad you like it!

Not my kind of thing tbh, the seats look good though. It looks a bit plasticky inside, especially the steering wheel! Or is that just the pictures?

Enjoy it! ;)
  7. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

Know loads of lads who work for Bentley and have swapped their Audi's for Seat's. They only did it once after all the rattles and squeaks and bits falling off. They only keep the Bentley cars for 6 months and they went straight back to the Audi brands for their next cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you cannot get A3's cos the Bentley guys run around in 2000 of them every 6 months with the odd A4, A5 and TT thrown in. Works out around £130 a month for a A3 and then chop it for another after 6 months !!!n Not bad hey !!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
  8. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It looks fun
  9. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

not a fan of the basic models of the ibiza but this one looks good what sort of hp is it kicking out also what engine , i see you have gone for the dsg gearbox too good choice mate and the colour too
  10. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

its the 1.4TSi Engine, same as the A1, 180bhp standard 220 with a revo stage one.

Only comes in DSG and its pretty rapid, revos vid states a 6 second to 60 jaunt so will test that tomorrow at Santa Pod.
  11. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

I agree with ya mate the dash is a bit plasticy compared to the A4, but the A4 was wearing away and i facied a new car, but when they offered this with 180 miles on the clock for 4k less than new price i snapped it up.

Thing is this is my first mid life crisis never had a 3 door hot hatch always driven slow 4 doors. so fancied this for the next 3 years then ill be in the Jaguar company car scheme and ill switch to something a lil more luxery.
  12. TAPNET

TAPNET Member

I really do not like that, but its your car I hope its better than the A4
  13. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

saw one of those yesterday. i wondered if it was a special edition of some sort
  14. samuelt

samuelt Member

I have driven one of these (my dad is a Seat dealer) it is fantastic the DSG is the only gearbox option , the power delivery is so linier. I am not supprised if you get sub 6 with 220bhp
  15. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

i like the Seat Bocanegra. nice colour choice but if i'm honest i'm not a fan of the red diamond stitch. black leather with red stitching would make it a nigh on perfect small car for me!

best of luck with your new purchase, i can't see myself sticking with Audi for my next one either if i'm honest
  16. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Very nice and a fun car...enjoy!
  17. redleg

redleg Member

A lot run around in seats or skoda's because they cant get audi's , you can order it but a week before you pick it up the tell you you have a skoda coming.. if your lucky you may get a GTI or a GTD golf . I worked there for 38 yrs so know how the system works.
  18. monkey_lewis

monkey_lewis Reverse Gear

i suprigingly like the look of that, to be honest im sure the dsg gearbox feels amazing but i mean come on in a few years time when everything in your life is going well, it will take revenge, but apart from that its looks the balls, goes well too and has that kinda agressive style to it that it can back up when it needs it to be :) well done that man im pleased for you