Audi Finance - 2 'Free' Services deal switch

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi,

Bought my A3 in Feb 2015 and got the deal Audi Finance were running at the time of the next 2 services free.

Fast forward to Feb 2017, and the 1st service was due after 2 years (long life). All was completed OK and have had no problems with the car to date.

So, Feb 2018 rolls around and the car starts to alert me of an 'Oil Service due in xx days' on the DIS. I was a little confused by this, but thought it was just telling me it needs to go in for brake fluid change/MOT etc. I spoke to my local dealer yesterday to book this in, and they informed me the car was due a service too!?!?!!

At this point they informed me that the free service offer was for fixed servicing to be carried out, you can imagine I'm not happy to hear that now. So, it sounds like Audi have switched my car to the fixed service regime. TBC.......

Has anyone else had experience of these kind of shenanigans with the free service offer?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Reactions: Audi Bairn
What engine do you have and what’s your annual mileage ?

What engine do you have and what’s your annual mileage ?
2.0 TDI

My mileage is approx 8k a year, which I know is more suited to the fixed schedule. However, my whole premise for preferring the long life regime was less trips to the garage, and the 2 free services would effectively cover me up to 2021

Reactions: KenL
2.0 TDI

My mileage is approx 8k a year, which I know is more suited to the fixed schedule. However, my whole premise for preferring the long life regime was less trips to the garage, and the 2 free services would effectively cover me up to 2021

They must have realised that you’re on the wrong service schedule for the mileage that your doing. Less than 10k per annum should be fixed so they have changed it to the correct one without asking you.

Now your trying to save some money by doing the minimal amount of servicing. Don’t know where you stand as if something goes wrong they could possibly blame the wrong servicing done by you, and also when it comes to selling the car a buyer could query why the servicing wasn’t done annually.

Never had a service pack but I’m pretty sure it covers just the basic engine service/inspection and not stuff like brake fluid change, gearbox oil, dsg etc etc. Could be wrong tho.

I bought my car in 2014 when Audi offered 3 years servicing pack (for £399). I took this and have had 3 annual services - no problem.
With this deal it was preferential to have fixed servicing anyway - but I do under 10K so was correct for me.

However I don't think that Audi could quibble if you follow the DIS. All A3's are delivered set to variable servicing and I don't think there is any actual requirement to switch to fixed if you are relatively low mileage. I realised mine was still on variable after a few months (even though I had discussed mileage with the dealer). They just said bring it in for annual and they would reset it then - which they did.

As far as the OP's situation is concerned, I think it warrants a look at the paperwork. If the deal was "2 services" with no reference to annual or fixed, then I think they should do it. As far as I understand it they would not be out of pocket because if the contract was for two annual services that would have been two oil changes and inspections so why can't they do it now.
Suggest a call to Audi Customer Service would be in order.

Reactions: Datastorm
2.0 TDI My mileage is approx 8k a year, which I know is more suited to the fixed schedule. However, my whole premise for preferring the long life regime was less trips to the garage, and the 2 free services would effectively cover me up to 2021

They must have realised that you’re on the wrong service schedule for the mileage that your doing. Less than 10k per annum should be fixed so they have changed it to the correct one without asking you.

Now your trying to save some money by doing the minimal amount of servicing. Don’t know where you stand as if something goes wrong they could possibly blame the wrong servicing done by you, and also when it comes to selling the car a buyer could query why the servicing wasn’t done annually.
^^^THIS^^^ But regardless of the time scale it's still the 2nd service, so should still be done for free! A quick call here will sort them out if they are getting funny:

Audi UK: You can contact our dedicated Customer Services team via phone, e-mail or our on-line form.
Telephone: 0800 699 888
(Open Monday to Sunday 8am to 8pm, closed on bank holidays)
E-mail: customer.services@audi.co.uk

Ser

I've just checked on the infotainment system what it thinks my service intervals are, and it's stating the following;

Next Oil Change: in 2300 ml / 1 day
Next Inspection: in 11600 ml / 31 days

Not sure if that helps to work out if it's been reconfigured to 'Fixed' interval, or whether it's still on the 'Long Life' regime. The car will be 3yrs old on 16th March.

Jeff

FYI, to confirm the '2 free services' deal is indeed 2 free fixed schedule services :disappointed:

Better than nothing if they are actually free and not built into the price somehow.