1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi fault for audi brainers

audia3turrbo Mar 13, 2010

1. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

Hi all i have audi a3 1.8t 1998 model,started getting a slight judder at pull off and its bugging me as i cant/dont no what the problem is,when i pull of it some times dose this also if i am in 2nd/3rd at 30mph it seems like it shuts of the the cars alive again this only dose this a few times a day any answers ?

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Vacuum leak I suspect... check all the hoses/pipes coming off the inlet mani as a start for slipts and cracks etc..

Block 032 in the engine group on VAGCOM will help to give you an idea of if you have a vac leak, a figure of 5% or more indicates ECU is adding fuel on idle....

<tuffty/>

3. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

hi do u no if it could be a coil pack on its way out,or air flowmeter cheers,i dont no what u mean by block 032 ??

4. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

Block 032 is a code for a bunch of data the the car's ECU will return if you monitor it via VCDS (vag-com). This code will give you information about your air/fuel mixture as seen by the lambda sensors. I would say that you need to find someone local with this software/cable and do some checking as you might have some errors codes logged, which will point you in the right direction. Here is a thread that will tell you who can help you.

5. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

Cheers any one eles have any comments

6. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

Yes, trust Tufftybloke.

7. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Yeah, if you haven't got a clue what it is how are you going to fix it?

Just take it into a garage?!