Audi Factory Tour. Gauging Interest.

Should we do it for September this year?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other time but I'll comment about it below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Its just a thought I had bout an hour ago and it went like this.

A forum driving trip from the UK, in to France, Burssel, Germany and on to the Audi factory where most of our cars was made, Ingolstadt.
Then a tour around their factory.

I was originally thinking of doing this on my own but then I found out that most of the A3s, A4s, A5s, Q5s and TTs was made this factory I thought it might be nice to turn it in to a mass forum trip back to the cars birthplace.

I've not done much thinking, asking or research in to this. just the brief thought and located this link http://www.audi.com/etc/medialib/ng...f.Par.0012.File.pdf/dicoverytours_en_july.pdf.

Is this something that people would be interested in or not?
I'm thinking of taking a day or two to get down there, stopping off in Franfurt for the night and then on to Ingolstadt, doing the tour, staying a night or staying a nice and then doing the tour and reverse trip back up.
Or something along them lines.

What do you all think?
Discuss. :)

P.S. Mods/Admin, should I have asked? I'm only gauging interest, sorry if I should have.

Stop off at the Nurburgring on the way there or way home for a lap :eyebrows:

I was thinking of stopping 4 hours or so in to germany so we can get some food and chat. finish off the trip to the factory bright and early the next time.
could do a day or to at the ring?

I was thinking of stopping 4 hours or so in to germany so we can get some food and chat. finish off the trip to the factory bright and early the next time.
could do a day or to at the ring?

The ring can get very expensive and consume a fair bit of time if you wanted to do a few days there. It will only be open weekends, or Friday/Monday afternoons so it might be worth doing the ring on the way home?

The ring can get very expensive and consume a fair bit of time if you wanted to do a few days there. It will only be open weekends, or Friday/Monday afternoons so it might be worth doing the ring on the way home?

factory tour on a thursday, stay in ingolstadt thursday night, leave friday morning and head for the ring friday afternoon. stay there friday night and home on the saturday?
Back in the UK by saturday/sunday?

I'm going to nurburgring on saturday the 21st of July then onto the German GP on the sunday. Going to Amsterdam and other places 1st. Doing a week driving around Europe with 1friend in my car and another friend in his Focus ST2. Should be an awesome time. When are you guys planning on going?

That's a really good idea. Iv always wanted to visit a car manufacturing plant, not specifically Audi, but that would be nice to see

I'm going to nurburgring on saturday the 21st of July then onto the German GP on the sunday. Going to Amsterdam and other places 1st. Doing a week driving around Europe with 1friend in my car and another friend in his Focus ST2. Should be an awesome time. When are you guys planning on going?
No idea. not even thought about date.
Just after people's thoughts and ideas on this at the moment.

That's a really good idea. Iv always wanted to visit a car manufacturing plant, not specifically Audi, but that would be nice to see
I thought an audi one would be good since we are here because of that marque.

Need a couple of more people whos really up for this and i'll start looking at prices and locations.
I like westy's idea of visiting the Ring for a night or two on the way back.

This might be a bit selfish of me and i'm sorry.

Me and the misses has two weeks booked off in september (last of my holiday), so i'm going to say we'll do it then.
I'll email the factory now about booking and if any deposit needs to be paid (I hope not cause I hate that side of organising things).
Need to double check the ring and travel distances and places to stay but to be honest, we normally wing it.
We sleep when we are tired and at what ever place is near by. :)

Thoughts or any thing on this?

Last edited:
Mate that caledar link only shows the first half of the year. Dates in September haven't been released yet.

This is the problem with organising trips to the ring cos you can't do it too far In advance.

The ring is shut in September (If i'm reading this right) so that knocks that part of it on the head.
http://nurburgring.org.uk/calendar.php

I
f any one is interested in doing it them selfs (I'm looking at my holidays and its all used and booked :()
Here is the booking form
https://www.audi-forms.de/cgi/main.cgi?DISPLAY=erlebnisfuehrungen_ingolstadt_en

If you do book a factory tour make sure you book one in English otherwise you will be listening to an awful lot of German.

Also if you are driving through Belgium via Brussels you could also include a tour of the Audi Brussels factory where the A1s are made. The factory is only a few minutes off the main Brussels ring-road.

Mate that caledar link only shows the first half of the year. Dates in September haven't been released yet.

This is the problem with organising trips to the ring cos you can't do it too far In advance.

It shows september but they are red.
Going by its key its closed.
Or do they just say that cause they've not put any dates up?

Gay :(

Digging up an old thread I know but did this trip happen? Investigating myself now and obviously interested in how it went.

Thanks.

The wife and i did something similar to this in August.

I work at the Toyota factory and we decided to have a busmans holiday. We visited the Audi factory previously in 2005 but that was with flights and a coach to Ingolstadt. This time we decided to drive there although i did the driving as the wife does not have a licence.

We booked 5 nights altogether via Booking.com: 261,754 hotels worldwide. 17+ million hotel reviews. starting with two nights in Adenau near the Nurburgring where we took our A5 for one lap of the Ring, then we went onto Ingolstadt where we stayed at the Hotel im GVZ for two nights which i can thoroughly recommend as it is right in the heart of Audiville. From our window you could see the factory and Audis own railway line which they use to transport the TT's to Hungary. We did the factory tour and parked right in front of the Audi museum where people were picking up their brand new Audis, we got a few looks as it was the only UK registered Audi there.

The fifth and final night we stayed back in Adenau at the Hotel An Der Nordschleife with a view overlooking the Nurburgring and the Oldtimer Grand Prix which was on that weekend.

All in all i drove 1,800 miles, did the Audi factory tour, one lap of the Nurburgring and watched the Oldtimer Grand Prix.

We would definately do it again but with a couple more days added on.

Attachments

• Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 122.jpg
    Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 122.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 128.jpg
    Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 128.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 015.jpg
    Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 015.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 006.jpg
    Nurburgring, Ingolstadt, AITP 006.jpg