Audi Extended warranty - wtf!

If you can afford to buy a new porker then £7600 is small change in my book.

Depends which one it was. If was a Boxster or Cayman, they're around £45k for base model, so £7.6k for a new donkey is a fair smack in the chops.

I could go out and buy a brand new 911 turbo now cash if I wanted pal.

No envy here.

Reading these posts it makes the £245 option to extend my warranty from 3 years to 4 years seem good value.

Reactions: Ormesome and Tom.H
I could go out and buy a brand new 911 turbo now cash if I wanted pal.

No envy here.

Of course you could.
1:18 or 1:32?

Reactions: TDI-line
Awesome cheers for this mate. Just checked dit out and a 36month warranty is £990 with no excess and using main dealer for repairs.

Im half hoping that Audi will get in touch soon as on their website they say that they will get in touch within the last 21days of the existing warranty expiring. Hoping there will be a different price and someone can better their online quote. Failing this ALA might be the way to go as i always read little things on tis site about them and seem ok.

Is the Ala cover like-for-like compared with Audi? I looked at the Ala warranty wording/summary and there are exclusions such as engine cylinder liners, seals and gaskets. I would want those included, especially the head gasket! Or am I being thick and reading it wrong? :blink:

Reactions: Ormesome
Is the Ala cover like-for-like compared with Audi? I looked at the Ala warranty wording/summary and there are exclusions such as engine cylinder liners, seals and gaskets. I would want those included, especially the head gasket! Or am I being thick and reading it wrong? :blink:

Ermm not sure on that! i was just going on price & general wording! i shouldn't do that :scared2:! ill take a look at the Audi warranty & compare it with ALA & Click4warranty and see what differences there are.

Audi extended warranty booklet is here:

https://insurewithaudi.co.uk/library/pdf/28475_AUDI_Extended_Warranty_Policy_NAV.pdf

Now that made me laugh.

When can we expect to see you on stage at Live at the Apollo:whistle2:

images

Now that made me laugh.

When can we expect to see you on stage at Live at the Apollo:whistle2:
They day you give me a lift there in your 911 Turbo.

Reactions: davc
I've gone for a 4 year PCP and obviously have 3 years warranty. My plan is to trade it in/see what they offer after 3 years but would it be advised to go for the 1 year extended warranty? I'm thinking this would a) mitigate any risk if I was to keep the car for the full 4 years and b) improve the residual value of the car when I come to trade it in?

Thoughts?

I've gone for a 4 year PCP and obviously have 3 years warranty. My plan is to trade it in/see what they offer after 3 years but would it be advised to go for the 1 year extended warranty? I'm thinking this would a) mitigate any risk if I was to keep the car for the full 4 years and b) improve the residual value of the car when I come to trade it in?

Thoughts?

Boooo back on topic?! i was enjoying @Gugne & @davc's little spat :yahoo:

Anyway, i think you can get a good picture from this thread of the 1 or 2yrs extended warranty costs if it isn't taken out at time of purchase. My advice is to go back to the dealer if you havent already got your car, and try to add it on NOW! it works out so much cheaper. you will kick yourself later down the line for not adding it and even if you sell your car at yr 3 then you have the advantage of selling a car with another year or two of manufacturers warranty which in the 2nd hand market will make your car stand out quite a bit as there seems to be few that have it.

You can see what your extended warranty might cost if you got to the link i provided on Page 1. You need to go to Autotrader or eBay and find an identical car to yours. then input the details in the system and compare costs. Admittedly for you it won't be a like for like as your 3yrs away from needing a quote and costs might have gone down. But it will at least provide you with an idea. If anything with "diesel gate" etc... costs could go up....

Just an update on this. My warranty expires on the 1st so i thought id call Audi one last time before giving up. I talked to the most helpful lady iv ever spoken to at Audi (not hard). Apparently the prices i was getting quoted was for someone who hasn't extended the warranty whilst still IN warranty. It was for people who have gone out of warranty even by 1 day and not extended. So, she added me to the system, not sure why i wasnt on the database but once i was, i went to the configurator and was shocked by the prices. Almost half price. The cheapest was now around £200 opposed to £380. I went for £0 excess, All component with 15k miles at £400. The quotes before where over £1k!

So my one bit of advice, call them and ask them to check your on the system! apparently the Audi dealership system & myaudi isn't syncd with the Extended Warranty system so if your not on there then you will get higher quotes. Im very happy and actually very impressed by the prices. Its by far the cheapest option now and i wouldn't take any other warranty over this one.

Reactions: richinsoton
The high prices seem to demonstrate how much faith Audi have in the reliability of their vehicles...

Reactions: voorhees and Ormesome
The high prices seem to demonstrate how much faith Audi have in the reliability of their vehicles...

Iv gone full circle in my opinion of the extended warranty! Beforehand i couldn't believe that it was so pricey. Now, with the discounted prices, its great value. Its cheaper than what any of the 3rd party warranty companies are offering and you have the advantage of being with the main dealer. Hopefully wont have to use it though :grinning:. Not sure about their own faith but it has somewhat restored my faith in the brand.

Last edited:
Iv got full circle in my opinion of the extended warranty! Beforehand i couldn't believe that it was so pricey. Now, with the discounted prices, its great value. Its cheaper than what any of the 3rd party warranty companies are offering and you have the advantage of being with the main dealer. Hopefully wont have to use it though :grinning:. Not sure about their own faith but it has somewhat restored my faith in the brand.
I had to do the same

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi guys, new here, just wanted to comment on the Audi Extended warranty.
I bought an Audi Approved used car last year a TTS, which came with an extended all component warranty. No excess to pay on any claim.
I have had a "difficult" year with a warranty claim but I found this had much more to do with the Dealership doing the warranty work than the warranty itself which is decent.
The upshot is the issue I had took me all the way from Audi UK Customer services right up to Audi Executive Office in the UK to get resolved in my favour.
I have a few good tips and tricks you can use to get stuff done and talk to the right people, they don`t make it easy for the public to do so but there is a certain path you can take.
If you are in the right then you will win.

Reactions: jungle650, Ormesome and Audi Bairn
Just an update on this. My warranty expires on the 1st so i thought id call Audi one last time before giving up. I talked to the most helpful lady iv ever spoken to at Audi (not hard). Apparently the prices i was getting quoted was for someone who hasn't extended the warranty whilst still IN warranty. It was for people who have gone out of warranty even by 1 day and not extended. So, she added me to the system, not sure why i wasnt on the database but once i was, i went to the configurator and was shocked by the prices. Almost half price. The cheapest was now around £200 opposed to £380. I went for £0 excess, All component with 15k miles at £400. The quotes before where over £1k!

So my one bit of advice, call them and ask them to check your on the system! apparently the Audi dealership system & myaudi isn't syncd with the Extended Warranty system so if your not on there then you will get higher quotes. Im very happy and actually very impressed by the prices. Its by far the cheapest option now and i wouldn't take any other warranty over this one.

Mines up soon and want to put a 4th year on to see my agreement out. Which dept did you contact to get added?

Mines up soon and want to put a 4th year on to see my agreement out. Which dept did you contact to get added?

It was the normal number listed on the Audi extended warranty website. Here it is: 0333 043 3780. The lady that helped was great. You could mention my experience to see if it helps, its weird that quotes were high just cos I wasn't registered on the system, still don't really understand why. but it worked anyway so there must be some kind of theory there! Good luck. Let us know your experiences.

Been reading this thread with interest, the costs for extending to 4/5 years at purchase time on the Q5 are £535/£1255 respectively which is a chunk more than the A3, I guess due to the higher purchase price.
Has anyone worked out why Audi insist the extended warranty is added at the time of ordering a car? My suspicious nature thinks that Audi use better parts less likely to break within 4-5 year rather than a lower grade for ‘standard’ warranty cars, but that is probably rubbish!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been reading this thread with interest, the costs for extending to 4/5 years at purchase time on the Q5 are £535/£1255 respectively which is a chunk more than the A3, I guess due to the higher purchase price.
Has anyone worked out why Audi insist the extended warranty is added at the time of ordering a car? My suspicious nature thinks that Audi use better parts less likely to break within 4-5 year rather than a lower grade for ‘standard’ warranty cars, but that is probably rubbish!!!

More money for them up front, and an good incentive for the buyer to pay upfront rather than pay the higher price in year three and four.

Having said that, I rather like the thought that I might have better build parts because I took out the 5 year warranty!

Reactions: mxnrg

Dont think they "insist" its taken out at the time of ordering a new car? "Advise" is probably a better word, and even then its a stretch as most A3 owners iv spoken to didn't even know there was the option of extending the warranty. I would always buy it from new if given the chance, the extended warranty when bought in yrs 4/5 has options that I think aren't there when bought from new, for example excess, parts covered etc.... When bought from new it seems like a continuation of the existing 3yr warranty, but a part of me feels like the extra 2 years, when bought later on, are a bit like an aftermarket warranty and I could be turned down for any warranty work.

Bottom line is: If you bought via PCP/PHP, lease whatever they are called & you are giving back at 3yrs or before then leave it. Its not cost effective and you won't use the car in the extended warranty period so whats the point.

If you have bought the car new,second hand or before 3yrs is up, and are thinking of keeping it for a while, then its worth extending the warranty at the 3yr point or buying the extended warranty from new.

My suspicious nature thinks that Audi use better parts less likely to break within 4-5 year rather than a lower grade for ‘standard’ warranty cars, but that is probably rubbish!!!
Yes that in your words is 'rubbish' :) I work in a car factory and most cars depending on spec use exactly the same parts, so a wiper motor for example in a sport will be the same as the one in an s-line or S3 no 3 year, 4 year or 5 year warranty boxes to be checked first :) The only parts that are delivered in sequence are things like headlights, interior trim, engine mounts, seats etc. Even then an LED headlight is the same, no warranty option, they are all pulled from the same stillage to be sequenced before being sent line side.